Online now
Online now

Long Distance Relationships, How to be alone.

Heart of Persephone​(sub female)
2 weeks ago • May 2, 2024

Long Distance Relationships, How to be alone.

As a married submissive, my Dom is a truck driver who is away from home for six weeks at a time but will schedule to be home for approximately four days, sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on how the loads are planned. Is it doable to have a long-distance D/s relationship? Yes? Yes, it just takes work and patience.
While one is away, the relationship becomes more intellectual. You have to utilize video calls, texting, phone calls, and, in some cases, Carrier Pigeons and smoke signals. The daily physical interactions are not there. One is void of the warmth, the pressing of bodies, and the familiar scent of one's partner.
There is more self-growth while in a long-distance relationship. You have to care for yourself to care for your partner. This is when you truly focus on how you see and do things, what makes you desire something, and what you can do to grow. There is time to be completely alone and find strength in that.
You encourage each other to do a hobby. I recently started taking free online college courses, which I never thought I'd do. It's not for a degree or holds any credits; it's for me to learn something new.
There are plenty of tasks that can utilized while miles apart. Remember that a D/s dynamic is not only about whips, chains, and all the fun little games. It's way much more than that. It's about caring for each other on a much deeper level.
Yes, you still can do the "fun" stuff while in different time zones. But here is where you grow. Encourage each other to try new things and read together. Talk deeply about emotions, goals, feelings, things you like to do and what you want to do. Share inspirational quotes and videos, along with funny dog videos. I share TikToks all the time. Send heartfelt messages. Learn to be strong and hold your partner up when needed. Life isn't all sunshine and roses. Sometimes, a thunderstorm rolls in in the fashion of illnesses and accidents. You must know how to pull up the "adult undies," take control and navigate the waters.
    The most loved post in topic
I'mME
1 week ago • May 4, 2024
I'mME • May 4, 2024
Heart of Persephone,

*There is more self-growth while in a long-distance relationship.*

One particular area of self-growth is in being able to convey and be understood, with just words and pictures (but isn't a picture also words?) to another human being what is in you mind and heart!
PandaGirl​(sub female)
1 week ago • May 4, 2024
PandaGirl​(sub female) • May 4, 2024
*Remember that a D/s dynamic is not only about whips, chains, and all the fun little games. It's way much more than that. It's about caring for each other on a much deeper level.*

This! And it forces you to be open, honest, and clear with your communication.