Our standards cover all aspects of community interaction and moderation on THE CAGE website, including comments on blogs or within discussion forums.
We expect all users of THE CAGE to adhere to our community standards, all of which directly inform our approach to community moderation (see below). Our community standards apply across the site, while moderation decisions are also informed by context.
1. We welcome debate, conversation, and dissent, but personal attacks against other users or our administrators, persistent trolling, and mindless abuse will not be tolerated.
2. We understand that people often feel strongly about topics discussed on THE CAGE, but we will consider removing any content that others might find extremely offensive or threatening. Please respect other people’s views and beliefs and consider your impact on others when making your comments or sharing materials.
3. We will not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia or other forms of hate-speech, or contributions that could be interpreted as such. We recognise the difference between criticising a particular practice, organisation, community or belief and attacking people on the basis of their race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
4. We will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy, such as potentially libellous or defamatory postings, or material posted in potential breach of copyright.
5. We will remove any profiles and other contributions that are obviously commercial or otherwise spam-like. Our aim is that THE CAGE should provide a space for people to interact and we actively discourage commercial entities passing themselves off as individuals in order to post advertising material or links.
The platform is ours, but the community belongs to everyone. We want THE CAGE to be a welcoming space for intelligent discussion, education, and acceptance. We ask our members to help us achieve this by notifying us of potential problems and assisting others in keeping conversations inclusive and appropriate. If you spot something problematic in our community interaction areas, please let us know. When we all take responsibility for maintaining a positive and constructive environment, we all benefit.
Aims of The Cage Moderation
THE CAGE aims to offer a kink and sex positive platform for an adult audience that is inclusive, safe, and engaging.
About Our Moderation Approach
Participants who seriously, persistently or wilfully ignore the community standards or terms and conditions (see below) will have their accounts suspended, possibly permanently. This is not an action that we take lightly or arbitrarily. However, we are aiming to create a respectful and supportive community and we reserve the right to make decisions which we feel support that. Please be aware that moderators may contact you by private message, especially where an issue comes up. Any advice they give/request should be adhered to in the spirit of creating a positive environment for all and to ensure your continued access to the site.
We reserve the right to take other steps or implement measures which we hope will benefit the whole community.
Note About Community Content
The views expressed by our members on this site do not necessarily reflect or represent the views of THE CAGE administrators or owners.
Additional questions can be sent to [email protected]
Please remember that by registering for THE CAGE website you have also agreed to our terms of service.