Online now
Online now

Rigger Books and Rope Advice

Resilient Pearl​(other female){Protected}
5 years ago • Dec 20, 2018
@Dark Fox: as a newbie I am not in a position to advise; however, I can share my experience and I also have a question.

I’ve been attending rope workshops, which focus on safety, consent, technique, and aesthetic.

Additionally, attending peer workshops and chatting with other individuals who enjoy tying has been hugely helpful.

I’ve also a partner who enjoys being tied very much, which has helped me discovery the erotic and sensual aspect of tying. Previously, I was drawn to the aesthetic and technical aspects only. I’m also chatting with a few folks who have much more experience than I do, so I can learn.

Workshops are offered through Society of Janis (SF Citadel) here in my area.

I’ve only ever used Jute. I’m tying with red only, but look forward to ordering other colors; I appreciate the beauty of contrast - as my practice becomes more sophisticated, and my technique develops.

My questions:

With minimal exposure to bodily fluids, how often do you (viewers at home) clean/sanitize your jute rope?

Jute can be stiff initially before several uses; how I can cure/soften the rope without fraying?

I’m considering tying the ends of my rope with something like smallish beads that would glide against my parter(s) body(ies) as I tie them, to enhance their sensations. Has anyone experimented with anything like this? Suggestions?

- RP
Fudbar​(dom male){❤️❤️❤️}
5 years ago • Dec 20, 2018
BDSM folks are great for learning about where rope attsches to the body; rope attaching to rope and rigging points is often overlooked and critical to suspension safety. Learn from the actual professionals there.

https://www.amazon.ca/Stage-Rigging-Handbook-Third-Glerum/dp/0809327414

And yes.. there's math. Lots of it.

https://www.amazon.ca/Rigging-Math-Made-Simple-5th/dp/0997874686/ref=pd_aw_sim_14_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=0997874686&pd_rd_r=32733f16-047c-11e9-9a1f-612069dec60e&pd_rd_w=WYPst&pd_rd_wg=WeFhH&pf_rd_p=6dd93c98-9a72-44ec-acb5-c368f21ecf0c&pf_rd_r=RW2RAC5SXBDG5CR5GBRX&psc=1&refRID=RW2RAC5SXBDG5CR5GBRX
WaterDominant​(dom male)
5 years ago • Dec 21, 2018
WaterDominant​(dom male) • Dec 21, 2018
What your talking about is a sensual tie as opposed to a model tie. I sensual tie would drag the rope across sensitive parts of the body like nipples or on a male the glans or clitorises. An example would be a crotch tie with knots meant to rub sensitive areas when moving.
A sensual tie is slow and seductive and if the bunny doesn't orgasm from the riggers ministration then something wasn't done right. Lol
DBH
DBH
DBH • Dec 21, 2018
Here’s a great resource and it’s free though they do accept donations of support. https://crash-restraint.com/ When you get further along look up Shibari-studies on Vimeo. The latter does cost money but it’s worth it once your at that level.
DBH
DBH
DBH • Dec 21, 2018
@Resilient Pearl you can treat your jute with jojoba oil. The oil will both make your rope smoother and help repel bodily fluids. It’s not good to wash jute. Every time you wash it you weaken it and there’s a fairly extensive process to treat it after it gets washed.
Cruel2bkind​(dom male)
5 years ago • Dec 22, 2018
Cruel2bkind​(dom male) • Dec 22, 2018
Might not me so sexy a start, but also look into climbing gear. They way the harnes is designed. Hell you can start with a harness. Good luck!!
Resilient Pearl​(other female){Protected}
DBH wrote:
@Resilient Pearl you can treat your jute with jojoba oil. The oil will both make your rope smoother and help repel bodily fluids. It’s not good to wash jute. Every time you wash it you weaken it and there’s a fairly extensive process to treat it after it gets washed.

@DBH: thank you for the suggestion. This was just what I was hoping to hear. I don’t like to wash my rope more than necessary as it can be damaging. I’ll try curing it with Johoba oil.
WaterDominant​(dom male)
WaterDominant​(dom male) • Dec 22, 2018
Jute needs to be washed occasionally otherwise it stinks.
The proper way of preparing rope is to flame it to burn off lose strands then treat it with mineral oil. This will keep the bunny's skin soft and make the rope feel better.
MstressWhipplash​(dom female)
5 years ago • Dec 25, 2018

Jute cleaning

Resilient Pearl wrote:
@Dark Fox: as a newbie I am not in a position to advise; however, I can share my experience and I also have a question.

I’ve been attending rope workshops, which focus on safety, consent, technique, and aesthetic.

Additionally, attending peer workshops and chatting with other individuals who enjoy tying has been hugely helpful.

I’ve also a partner who enjoys being tied very much, which has helped me discovery the erotic and sensual aspect of tying. Previously, I was drawn to the aesthetic and technical aspects only. I’m also chatting with a few folks who have much more experience than I do, so I can learn.

Workshops are offered through Society of Janis (SF Citadel) here in my area.

I’ve only ever used Jute. I’m tying with red only, but look forward to ordering other colors; I appreciate the beauty of contrast - as my practice becomes more sophisticated, and my technique develops.

My questions:

With minimal exposure to bodily fluids, how often do you (viewers at home) clean/sanitize your jute rope?

Jute can be stiff initially before several uses; how I can cure/soften the rope without fraying?

I’m considering tying the ends of my rope with something like smallish beads that would glide against my parter(s) body(ies) as I tie them, to enhance their sensations. Has anyone experimented with anything like this? Suggestions?

- RP

When I first buy in Jute I seal the ends with tied cotton, wax then singe, then put in the washing machine. Leave to thoroughly dry then with my hands smooth Ljnseed oil or similar into the rope then bake in the oven. Checking the end seals after and adjusting them where needed. After that every 6 months because it is rope which goes on my live in Property only. More often when I am attending BDSM Fetish clubs or pop up rope Events. Though in both cases people are tied wearing clothes. But take off some clothing to feel the rope-on-skin experience. Some liken the smell of my rope to baked bread which comforts them. And as prepared the rope slides over skin without friction.

Mistress Whipplash Ma'am
Scaredashell​(dom male)
5 years ago • Jan 10, 2019
Scaredashell​(dom male) • Jan 10, 2019
Look into esinem's online classes as well. Thats the dirrection i am going towards to learn. Crash restraints is another one to look at. Being in germany i think you would find plenty of workshops, you just might have to travel. The language barrier is understandable though.