Online now
Online now

Is BDSM spiritual for you?

MasterBear​(other butch)
5 years ago • Dec 8, 2018

Is BDSM spiritual for you?

MasterBear​(other butch) • Dec 8, 2018
I am curious about what ppl think about this.

My love says that for her there are spiritual aspects in some play.

For me, it isn't spiritual.

But I know it is for others.

Spiritual, for me is some sort of belief system that is higher then myself.
As a Jew - we talk a lot about the house of bondage. I giggle a lot in Synagogue. But I dont find myself reaching a spiritual plane when I play. It doesn't bring my closer to the divine.

Everyone defines "spiritual " differently.

So if you could add how those two connect for you as well.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Dec 8, 2018
Yes and no. I’m not an “actively” spiritual person, however, I tend to see many of the same behaviours in myself as those who have a faith or belief in something. I love ritual and meaning. I would even go as far as to saying that I would look upon my Master much like a god. Many will mock I’m sure.
LittleLex​(sub female)
LittleLex​(sub female) • Dec 8, 2018
There is spiritual in the sense of religion and then spiritual in the sense of your soul/spirit/inner peace. I wouldn't say that I've had a spiritual experience where I felt closer to God or anything like that from a BDSM experience. I'm not sure that I believe that is possible. I have, however, felt extremely connected on a whole different level than I ever thought I could. A peaceful, calming place where everything fades away and you just feel the here and now. Disconnected from the world. Maybe some would consider that a spiritual experience...I would say it's more finding myself and letting myself feel that connection and bond. Transcending any other. I just struggle with the spiritual term.
    The most loved post in topic
LoyalAsianSub​(sub male){Collared}
5 years ago • Dec 10, 2018
Well, I am very submissive and brought up in religious household where worship music was often played, I feel like I my soul felt so much in sync with that music that when a dominant woman asks me to submit myself to her, it does sort of bring up a certain spiritual cravings in me in a sense that I am seeking my partner (dom female) where I am fully trusting her like I am trusting my God. So, in a way, she is my God! Twisted but true!
AKittenforSir​(sub female){JohnBond}
5 years ago • Feb 13, 2019
I agree wholly with LittleLex. Aside from the definition "relating to religion or religious belief" the first definition of spiritual is "relating to or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things". In that aspect, everything about my relationship is spiritual. All of my interactions with my Sir, both sexual and mundane, are sustenance for the well-being of my human spirit. I feel like my very essence thrives in his presence.
SchrodingersDinosaur​(switch female)
No offense to anyone that chooses to worship in that way but personally I'd have a difficult time with considering any other human a god. The best, most secure, together, intuitive Dominant in the entire world is at the end of the day still another person who has bad days, has been hurt in the past, occasionally feels less than superhuman, and is fallible. My perspective is that an s can be the support system for a D as surely as it can be the other way round. As to a spiritual experience of BDSM, I do understand the context there. I think spiritual experience, or touching the divine, is a matter of transcending the human condition. What describes that better than subspace or Domspace?
Lotus​(sub female)
Lotus​(sub female) • Feb 13, 2019
I love this topic!

For me, BDSM has spiritual aspects because it creates a mind and body connection, similar to what one may experience during meditation. Subspace for me is a fluid connection between my mind and body, a sense of calmness and oneness.

The modern definition of spirituality is more about personal growth while experiencing something that is sacred to oneself. To me, bdsm is about personal growth and I consider the restorative feeling I gain after subspace to be sacred, something I’m in awe of, and in turn creates a feeling of awe directed towards my Dom.
LittleLolitaMae​(sub female){Collared}
5 years ago • Feb 14, 2019
Henna wrote:
No offense to anyone that chooses to worship in that way but personally I'd have a difficult time with considering any other human a god. The best, most secure, together, intuitive Dominant in the entire world is at the end of the day still another person who has bad days, has been hurt in the past, occasionally feels less than superhuman, and is fallible. My perspective is that an s can be the support system for a D as surely as it can be the other way round. As to a spiritual experience of BDSM, I do understand the context there. I think spiritual experience, or touching the divine, is a matter of transcending the human condition. What describes that better than subspace or Domspace?

I completely agree, I see mine I suppose more in the realm of how the Greek Gods were. They were mighty and amazing, but definitely not infallible.