Online now
Online now

Trust

NoOneofConsequence​(dom male){Taken}
5 years ago • Mar 17, 2019
For me, words are just words. Actions are what matter. The intent may mean something, but the effect is always going to be more important.

I say you are my priority. But, do I set aside everything else when you need me? Or do I consistently leave you hanging as I pursue my own wants, needs, desires that don't include you? Everyone needs some time to themselves to recharge, yes. But, am I consistently doing so when you need for me to be there?

I say I care about you. But, am I only there when it's happy fun times? Do I set you aside and tell you that your emotions are your problem when you are tired, hurting, or upset? Or do I sit for hours listening to you cry and rail at the unfairness of life and offer nothing more than my support, my voice, my words to let you know that I am here, that I hear you, that you matter?

Will I give up not just play, but sleep to be here when you need me?

Have I shared with you who I am, given you a glimpse of both the Heaven and the Hell in my soul? Have you seen the tips of my wings, singed by the fires I have walked through?

If I have done these things, and more, consistently over a long period of time, then why do you not trust me? What else can I give? What else can you need me to do?

But...

But, have you opened every single compartment, holding nothing of yourself back, let me see it all, even the ugly parts of yourself that you fear and can not stand? If you haven't, then how can you claim to trust me?
Lowlyfe​(dom male)
5 years ago • Mar 17, 2019

Effective communication

Lowlyfe​(dom male) • Mar 17, 2019
What is trust and how to achieve it?
For me trust comes first. I believe that effective communication is the way to showing me. That leads to your actions. If what you say does not match what you do, how you carry yourself and interact with society then I can't trust you. Which in turn you will never be able to get to know and trust me. It's that simple with me.
Dariame​(sub female)
5 years ago • Mar 19, 2019
Dariame​(sub female) • Mar 19, 2019
Trust!

Firm belief in truth, ability, and strength of someone! But once trust is broken it starts a rebuilding process! If you feel they are worthy!
Eren123​(sub male)
4 years ago • Jun 30, 2019
Eren123​(sub male) • Jun 30, 2019
Takes time. But one of the two is bound to have feelings before the other, in my case its usually me (sub). I want to be able to trust someone and all the hardships that comes with it that's just me I guess.
Empress Kelly
4 years ago • Jul 3, 2019
Empress Kelly • Jul 3, 2019
I agree that trust takes time to build. Consistency and actions do speak more louder than words. There's a leap of faith that does occurred on line, but that's where both consistency and action take hold. So as much as I would say that communication is the key factor, I would equality state that those actions that validate those conversations will do a great deal for that basis. Give people the benefit of the doubt but on the other side, make sure you both are on the same page with expectations.