Online now
Online now

What does Politics have with being a “good” sub or friend

Dariame​(sub female)
4 years ago • Aug 13, 2019

What does Politics have with being a “good” sub or friend

Dariame​(sub female) • Aug 13, 2019
Last night as I was reading profiles I noticed several claim their political views and advise what they prefer in a “sub” and or friend. I guess I didn’t know that played a part in this lifestyle and why would it?
It puzzles me the we all claim to be friends or here to help but to do that you must have certain beliefs or political views. Just curious why this would sway you toward or away from meeting someone

Just curious!
SecretSubSlut
SecretSubSlut • Aug 13, 2019
I have seen the same thing and totally agree. How can “we” claim to be open minded and have those restrictions. Does me being a dem or rep change my desires and ability to submit? I think not.🧐
AKittenforSir​(sub female){JohnBond}
I am pretty open minded in political regard so I 100% get what you’re saying, but I understand how strong political beliefs could make one put limitations on who they accept as a Dom or sub. It isn’t based on their ability to perform their Dominant or submissive roles, it’s the ability for them to get along as a couple. Unless you’re in a high protocol 24/7 M/s dynamic, your relationship is going to include some regular everyday mundane conversations and interests outside of kink. So if you feel strongly about your political affiliation and it’s something you talk about or advocate for on a regular basis, it makes sense that they’d want a like minded partner.
    The most loved post in topic
Dariame​(sub female)
Dariame​(sub female) • Aug 13, 2019
Secret

I understand what you are saying, but a healthy relationship sometimes come with differences. But doesn’t mean I cannot be their friend. I guess I never thought that because of political beliefs that people couldn’t be friends especially in this life style .

Seems silly!!!
LoverofRope
4 years ago • Aug 14, 2019
LoverofRope • Aug 14, 2019
I understand what you are saying, though I can see it being an issue for me. I can agree to disagree in regards to politics or religion and will have a conversation with just about anyone. However, I have been in a relationship with someone that believed their was the only way. I won't do it again. I don't begrudge them their beliefs, but I also don't need to put myself in a situation of unnecessary stress. No thanks, life is too short.
Azzabackam​(switch male){PawPawGirl}
I don't think it has anything to do with the lifestyle intrinsically, but some people are very selective with *everything* in their lives on that front, so of course that would extend to kink if someone like that is also in the lifestyle.
DrWakko
DrWakko • Aug 14, 2019
I believe the “don’t message me if you are a trump supporter” is just a bandwagon thing. I can’t think of a single politician that I disagree 100%. I might not agree with everything they say but I can find something.

I get along with trump supporters, Rep and Dems. It’s a bit silly if you ask me.
No Body​(dom male)
No Body​(dom male) • Aug 14, 2019
Nothing my best friends are Dems and I am somewhere in the middle having votes for both parties and a few others.
Dariame​(sub female)
Dariame​(sub female) • Aug 14, 2019
DrWakko

Thank you for your comments, I don’t meet someone and automatically ask their political opinions or worry about their opinions. But I do like a healthy discussion!