Online now
Online now

What does Politics have with being a “good” sub or friend

ChillVibes​(sub male)
4 years ago • Aug 19, 2019
ChillVibes​(sub male) • Aug 19, 2019
Everybody wants to respect personal limits, lifestyle choices etc, but then people get BIG MAD at the mention of politics. When someone decides to save people that they simply won't vibe with time, based on politics or anything else, it's really up to them, and there really isn't anything you can or should do about it. If you wouldn't get along with someone because they are a smoker, or maybe you really don't like anime, these are exclusions people can make because it's about personal preference. They continue to do the things they enjoy, and you can continue your search.

And no... this is not the same as being racist, sexist, ableist, etc, it's a lifestyle choice, not an intrinsic quality.

And high-key it's always people with zero context and tons of privilege making these outlandish remarks.
GvS​(other male)
GvS​(other male) • Aug 19, 2019
 As with so many things in this lifestyle, it is a matter of expressing personal preferences. Politics matters to you? Say so. If it is a deal-breaker, get it out of the way up front, so you aren't wasting each other's time. Politics doesn't matter to you? Surely there is some other criterion that does. Not everyone shares your criterion, either, but you expect those who don't to at least acknowledge and respect your right to it.
 As for being "friends"- it isn't a simple yes-or-no issue. I can maintain civility around almost anyone, but the degree to which I will let someone into my life is a decision based on many factors, none of which I feel any need to justify or explain.
GvS​(other male)
GvS​(other male) • Aug 19, 2019
 As with so many things in this lifestyle, it is a matter of expressing personal preferences. Politics matters to you? Say so. If it is a deal-breaker, get it out of the way up front, so you aren't wasting each other's time. Politics doesn't matter to you? Surely there is some other criterion that does. Not everyone shares your criterion, either, but you expect those who don't to at least acknowledge and respect your right to it.
 As for being "friends"- it isn't a simple yes-or-no issue. I can maintain civility around almost anyone, but the degree to which I will let someone into my life is a decision based on many factors, none of which I feel any need to justify or explain.
sweet november​(sub female)
4 years ago • Aug 16, 2019
Born and raised in Chicago area, currently live in Alabama...
Culture shock.

Liberal views vs Conservative views.

I know both people. I know and
Have seen both extremes.
I've seen middle ground.

But, in the end, the racists,the bigots, the haters of anyone that is different....it all is just a waste of time.

Focus on the individual. If someone seems or acts racist stay away or, better yet, say something.

"People are people so why should it be you and I should get along so awfully" - Depeche Mode
sweet november​(sub female)
I've been blocked for asking the same question. So...i don't know.

I think that getting to know a person first is the best way. We should all strive to get along.
Dariame​(sub female)
Dariame​(sub female) • Aug 16, 2019
Master Bear
This wasn’t out of hate or confusing, I was just wondering why people would ask that.

I was brought up to accept as they are !

I don't walk away from people because of what the believe but I will walk away because of their actions

No harm intended
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Aug 16, 2019
MasterBear wrote:
The question is one of priviledge.

You asking it means you dont understand the implications of it.

Politics matter.

They always matter.

Ever been in a play soace in a sea of white faces and wonder where the poc and lgbtqainb are?

Its beause organizers dont think politics matter.

I stand UP AGAINST HATE and those who spread it.
I stand UP AGAINST BIGOTRY and those that support it.
I stand UP AGAINST ANTI SEMITISM and those who try and cover it up.

You have an issue with that dont step a toe into my house.

White supremacists are not welcome.
Those who suppport the wall are not welcome.

I will never tolerate being called a "f" word just because the organizer allows bigots.

I will NEVER tolerate my beloved being called the "n" word because the organizer is to chickenshit to STAND UP.

If you have an issue with my stance that says all I need to know about you and how you will treat the people at my parties who understand why politics matter.

Well said

Its a question of values for me.
DrWakko
DrWakko • Aug 16, 2019
Attaching yourself to a political party is a different story. One can be an racist republican or a racist democrat. You can make the statement that one party has more racists than the other but you can’t say that racists are only in one party.