Online now
Online now

When a Dom or sub dies

sweet november​(sub female)
4 years ago • Nov 14, 2019
LeadMe wrote:
Wow. So sorry. Due to the distance factors, I think your grief may be more complex.

Thank you...LeadMe

And yes I think your right the distance makes it more complex
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
4 years ago • Nov 15, 2019
A few years ago a Domme friend lost contact with her new(ish)male sub. turns out he committed suicide. she couldnt attend the funeral or grieve with those that knew him. Since then its always played on my mind about how those in distance relationships need to share details for these very reasons. So sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you for sharing and reminding us all that life can be shorter than we plan, that we can never over plan enough. My thoughts are with you.
Subservientsandy​(sub female)
I am so sorry to read of your loss. I unfortunately know your pain all to well. My Sir of 7 years, passed away suddenly a year ago.
Please take time to grieve, not just the loss of him but the loss of your relationship. Be kind to yourself.
MissBonnie wrote:
A few years ago a Domme friend lost contact with her new(ish)male sub. turns out he committed suicide. she couldnt attend the funeral or grieve with those that knew him. Since then its always played on my mind about how those in distance relationships need to share details for these very reasons. So sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you for sharing and reminding us all that life can be shorter than we plan, that we can never over plan enough. My thoughts are with you.

Thankfully I have been able to get in touch with his brothers and cried my eyes out with one. They are both being very considerate and welcoming. Though I have briefly said hi to them on the phone before and they knew who I was. They were able to tell me how much my Dom cared for me.
That meant the world to hear.
And I hope to share some stories he told me about them growing up when things calm down.

So, even though our plan A didn't work I knew the names of his brothers and the internet works wonders.
But, yes, definitely do not get too involved with someone long distance unless you have contacts (after a time).

It's still trying to set in...but at the same time i still just can't believe it.

Time....

Thank you MissBonnie
Subservientsandy wrote:
I am so sorry to read of your loss. I unfortunately know your pain all to well. My Sir of 7 years, passed away suddenly a year ago.
Please take time to grieve, not just the loss of him but the loss of your relationship. Be kind to yourself.

Oh I am so sorry Subservientsandy...
Thank you for your time to write this and the advice. 💙