Online now
Online now

Blocking

Boo78​(sub female)
4 years ago • Nov 19, 2019
Boo78​(sub female) • Nov 19, 2019
Neches1836 wrote:
Well not here but on some other sites I have found 90 to 95 percent of the subs I have contacted within a few hours or in some cases a few days of chatting hit me up for financial help. I would not mind helping if we had met before hand and knew each other or had a physical relationship. I have become very good at detecting a pattern. So that is why I block. I have not had the need to block anyone here or on Fetlife.

Really?? Now that is a whole other conversation. That's terrible and I'm sorry you have experienced that.
Misterasmodai​(dom male)
Misterasmodai​(dom male) • Nov 19, 2019
Blocking happens from time to time, for all sorts of reasons. I have been blocked once; by someone I never even spoke to. I liked her profile and she blocked me. I imagine it had to do with the intense type of Dom I am (I get a lot of comments on my photos), and I suppose that is warranted. It is no skin off of my back.
Something to keep in mind is that, as welcoming as it tends to be, there is a lot of self righteousness in the kink community. Sometimes, even to an aggressive level. It was pandemic on Fetlife for a while. Sometimes, a block or similar gesture is nothing more than someone disagreeing with you and choosing to show that in a way that you might see as excessive, especially if you did something to offend their sensibilities. You may have not even realized you were transgressing. Some people are just wired to be offended.
The best advice I could offer is to move on, but keep in mind what may have lead to the block, so you can avoid either the action on your part, or that type of person In the future.
Boo78​(sub female)
Boo78​(sub female) • Nov 19, 2019
I think sometimes people hide behind buttons on here and forget basic manners and respect. Just because its a world of kink that is not an excuse to be rude. In fact it should be better here because of it.
CielBonfire
4 years ago • Nov 20, 2019
CielBonfire • Nov 20, 2019
Boo78 wrote:
CielBonfire wrote:
Because people react with rants like this when politely told "Hey, I'm not interested any more."

This was not a rant! Obviously you don't know too many Irish people 😉

Fine, replace "rant" with "whining," then. icon_wink.gif
Boo78​(sub female)
4 years ago • Nov 20, 2019
Boo78​(sub female) • Nov 20, 2019
[quote="CielBonfire"]Because people react with rants like this when politely told "Hey, I'm not interested any more."[/quote

🤔🤔🤔🤔 nope not whining either.....an opinion to which we are all entitled to CielBonfire including you...
Maysarieltiff
4 years ago • Dec 6, 2019
Maysarieltiff • Dec 6, 2019
Interesting
ThirtyFourPointFive
ThirtyFourPointFive • Dec 6, 2019
I was blocked by a 55 yr old woman that I had talked to on a norm dating site for over a year, I kind of thought of us as friends. She told me that she had not had sex in 7 years.. I commented "Well, I hope you took that in hand so to speak icon_smile.gif". She never spoke to me again.
I'm thinkin she may have been a little uptight about sex..
Angel Wings​(sub female)
Angel Wings​(sub female) • Dec 6, 2019
I was blocked.once.from liking a Doms profile. He messages me back staying he wasn't interested. I politely responded.back that I likes.his profile because he was from Seattle and I wasn't looking to be the mother.of his children....lol. I thought he was a bit too much. He could of ignored my like,but stepped it up and made it uncomfortable. I miss him sooooo much.......sarcasm.

Other then that I do block when it comes to people not appreciating boundaries. No unwanted pics and no still means no.
Al Le Gory​(sadist female)
4 years ago • Dec 7, 2019

Re: Blocking

Boo78 wrote:
This is bothering me.....why bother to contact someone and have a conversation and a nice conversation at that and then block someone? Its quite rude and quite frankly childish. Its time wasted on both sides. People take the time to respectfully reply so be be respectful back. Then Doms wonder why they don't or actually can't find a partner in crime!

As we only know your version of events, it's difficult to offer anything constructive. Playing the blame game/victim does not help you.

You will never know for sure and that grates. That could have been a deliberate ploy to wind you up. Maybe this individual is an arsehole. Maybe it's your overwhelming sense of entitlement. Maybe it's all or none of the abovementioned. Nobody cares. Get over it and yourself and move on.
Boo78​(sub female)
4 years ago • Dec 7, 2019

Re: Blocking

Boo78​(sub female) • Dec 7, 2019
Al Le Gory wrote:
Boo78 wrote:
This is bothering me.....why bother to contact someone and have a conversation and a nice conversation at that and then block someone? Its quite rude and quite frankly childish. Its time wasted on both sides. People take the time to respectfully reply so be be respectful back. Then Doms wonder why they don't or actually can't find a partner in crime!

As we only know your version of events, it's difficult to offer anything constructive. Playing the blame game/victim does not help you.

You will never know for sure and that grates. That could have been a deliberate ploy to wind you up. Maybe this individual is an arsehole. Maybe it's your overwhelming sense of entitlement. Maybe it's all or none of the abovementioned. Nobody cares. Get over it and yourself and move on.

Its not about entitlement as you put it but basic manners and being what I would call an adult but thank you for your opinion. What I am entitled to is to voice my my own opinion and I was brought up to respect everyone and was taught if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all....maybe old school but thats how I am. 😁