Online now
Online now

Prep for play

OwnedByTheOcean​(masochist female)
4 years ago • Nov 15, 2019

Prep for play

So.... what do other subs and doms recommend as preparation for play. Play is negotiated for a Saturday play party and I have begun to prepare the day before. Also, what are some items that are a “must have” in your bags when attending a play party?
SirPain​(dom male)
4 years ago • Nov 15, 2019
SirPain​(dom male) • Nov 15, 2019
I'll answer the latter first.

For me, Floggers (usually more than one set), single tails (usually more than one), paddles (again usually more than one), handcuffs, blindfolds, and some different lengths of rope.

As to preparations, as I don't normally play with anyone whom I have not known in the past it is normally little preparation other than making sure she (whoever she is) is sure she wants to play with me and knows what I am into. Also, I will be sure to have her remind me of her limits.
MasterBear​(other butch)
4 years ago • Nov 16, 2019
MasterBear​(other butch) • Nov 16, 2019
Thats a great question.

We dont really prep- come to think of it.

As far as must haves.

Thats a great question. After my head injury I have had to change my play extensively.

So, it depends on what we will be doing.

I try and not pack the same toys twice in a row.

I want to keep pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

One day I might pack canes.

The next time syran wrap and clothespins.
Ropernrider​(dom male)
4 years ago • Nov 16, 2019
Ropernrider​(dom male) • Nov 16, 2019
I generally will pack a few different floggers, a cane, a crop, and a few paddles.

Depending on the extent of the play/how involved the scene is, etc, I may pack some gags and cuffs/shackles as well.

I only use things that may get bodilly fluids on them (ie gags) if I know I'm playing with my own sub.

If I don't have a sub or know it's going to be in a casual setting without a lot of structured scenes I generally just stick with the impact devices as mentioned above...just in case someone wants an impromptu spanking. And to share my craftsmanship with other Doms.

If I do have a sub that I'm in a relationship with, in addition to the things above I may also pack some clamps and candles. And I may throw a blade just in case.

I also pack a first aid kit with safety scissors. (Trauma shears)

As for preparations, I also don't normally play with someone I'm not in a relationship with. So there's not much prelaration necessary. The main thing is knowing their limits and making sure they understand their safe words.
AKittenforSir​(sub female){JohnBond}
4 years ago • Nov 20, 2019
One part of preparation is grooming. Making sure you shave or wax as requested. Deciding what you’ll wear before the scene, during (if anything), and after.

If you are planning to scene during the play party, consider bringing slippers or cozy socks, a blanket, and a sweet snack for aftercare. Depending on the type play you may want to bring massage oils for a back rub or a stuffie to snuggle.
FunCouple{.-Couple-.}
FunCouple{.-Couple-.} • Nov 20, 2019
Hello EarnedNotGiven

I believe that ‘back in the day’ some of the things I took in my bag to the hotel were:

- a small selection of basic first aid equipment such as antiseptic wipes, antiseptic powder, antiseptic cream, plasters, medical scissors (rounded ends)
- couple bottles of water, sugary drink, juice in case there were non provided by hotel
- chocolate
- small audio speakers to have my music playing. I would have several playlists depending on my/our mood.
- wrist and ankle cuffs. Apart from being practical, any woman who wears these look sexy as heck, and a newbie may very well not have such items in their own bag.
- snap hooks
- rope. One sub brought her own chains as she liked the feel of the weight of them laid over her body.
- bondage tape (the non sticky stuff)
- soft blind fold
- industrial grade, noice blocking earmuffs.
- impact items (thudding body flogger, pussy flogger, crop, ruler, etc)
- sensation items (very soft material, feather, car buffing glove, make up powder brush, pin wheel, bottle brush etc)

FYI ...... If I wasn’t wearing a suit for role play spanking, I do recall that (when I first started out) I used to have a tight fitting stretch t-shirt and briefs..... but soon realised that I enjoyed playing naked.
Less restrictive for my swelling cock and a lot better for keeping the body cool.
Plus, I didn’t look quite as stupid. (Do you ever look at old photos and think “Did I really wear that?” or “Oh God, Look at my hair!”)

I always had everything laid out on the bed and let the sub spend as much time as she needed to touch the items and ask question.
A continuation of our validation meeting from down stairs and where we would get to know each other a little better, discuss what was wanted during the play scene, safe words etc.
I generally seemed to attract the newbies, which I really enjoyed, so nothing was ever rushed.
Part of the pleasure for me was introducing this lifestyle to others and knowing their (possible) first experience was going to be fun.

I hope this helps.
    The most loved post in topic
OwnedByTheOcean​(masochist female)
Thanks to all for the feedback. Being new to play, it helps to know what some doms and subs feel it important to have for prep, scenes, and aftercare. I’ve had great experiences thus far and I’m trying to build my “go bag”.
Ropernrider​(dom male)
Ropernrider​(dom male) • Nov 20, 2019
@FunCouple that was a great response! You've even given me some ideas of things to add to my kit. Haha.
KingDom​(dom male)
KingDom​(dom male) • Nov 20, 2019
My prep play checklist is typically:

-Create a Kink profile of a play partner that includes her kinks, trigger words, limits, safe words, potential “to do”list for that play session and list of kinks she wants to explore.

-cut fingernails day before so that I don’t irritate vagina if I decide to finger and so I don’t scratch her if I decide to give a massage

-groom, bathe and put cologne and lotion on

-bring whatever toys and gear I’ll be using for that scene

-bring aftercare items such as chocolate, desserts, massage oil etc

-have a playlist ready for play and aftercare