Online now
Online now

Newb stuff

skyrich​(dom male){rottenbrat}
3 years ago • May 11, 2020
xwillowx wrote:
Or, for the dominant men who have had the pleasure of owning a woman.. what have you seen her journey to have been when she was just staring out? And in conjunction to these questions.. do you think that "dating" is a necessary precursor in order for a new sub to learn in her journey and to reach that eventual TPE 24/7 dynamic?

Of course "dating" is a necessary precursor for a new sub, or for an experienced sub. TPE 24/7 is like a marriage. You wouldn't marry a guy after one or two phone calls or emails would you? You need to take the time to grow a meaningful relationship and be *sure* that it's one that has a solid foundation.

If you haven't already, please read "The Journey" either on my blog, or in this forum section. It's a detailed timeline of what a 24/7 TPE relationship looks like from start to finish.
DominusJ​(dom male)
DominusJ​(dom male) • May 11, 2020
xwillowx wrote:

We should always remember we are all human and we just have different needs. That doesn't make anyone bad, just different.

Back to the point, and this kind of wraps around, I think it's important to "date" and short term get to know others. Both parties can end up growing in ways they never knew and therefore becoming a better person for that future person.

Exactly right willow.. everyone is different in their own ways and needs.. we're all trying to find the right connection.
One of THE MOST important things to understand in this approach is communication. It is ultimately impossible to have trust, honesty, creativity, respect and any in depth level of relationship without it.
As a new sub, you can't be expected to know it all. (Actually, nobody ever knows it all.. if they tell you they do.. walk away) When you're new and learning, you look towards your Dom/Master to lead, guide, teach, grow and discipline when needed to make YOU the best person you can be. (remember, a Dom/Master never tears down.. be always builds)
Bottom line is.. the excuse of: "you should have known" is a cop out. Without looking back, learn and understand looking forward the importance of communication.
With every relationship we learn..
Stranger
Stranger • May 11, 2020
Dating isn't necessary...
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • May 11, 2020
Dont know if a fit your category.
I am a Master identified female.
Who owns another female.

That being said-

If this person left you because you werent "perfect" then you dodged a bullet.

Any D or M type worth their salt knows that training takes time. And even s types that are "experienced " arent "experienced" in serving me. It may be that an experienced s type has to chuck what they think they know to serve under me.

Do not blame yourself here.

To put things into prospective.

My beloved and I trained 24/7 in real time living together FOR 3 YEARS before we committed.

3 months and you being new- fuck this guy.

You deserved better.
xwillowx{Not lookin}
3 years ago • May 12, 2020
xwillowx{Not lookin} • May 12, 2020
Thank you all for your amazing replies! While I agree three months isn't even a drip in the bucket, I hold no il will. After all, and I've said this before (somewhere..) people are just people. And not every man with a dominant personality will work best with a woman who has a submissive personality. It's okay icon_smile.gif or said otherwise, not every D/M will pair up well with an s-type.

I've heard that communication is key. And I agree with that, especially with these types of relationships. Back to my OP, I'm not sure dating is the best way to go. I don't see anything wrong with it, but it will only serve a short-term goal and I assume only so much can be learned with that setup. From what I've gathered, based on comments here, a deeper level and understanding of onesself comes with time, patience, understanding and discipline in long-term relationships.

But what do I know! icon_wink.gif I'm still just a few feet into my path!

Thank you again to everyone who has shared their experiences and knowledge. Your assistance is priceless.