Online now
Online now

Online Vs Face to Face - Relationship

Taramafor​(sub male)
3 years ago • Jun 9, 2020
Taramafor​(sub male) • Jun 9, 2020
If you can't answer some basic questions and have a conversation with text then frankly you're not worth meeting.

Communication is communication. Answers and questions are exactly that regardless of environment or location.

There's also "timing" and "how people react" even in online environments.You pick this up in "in the moment" chat apps though. Not messages sent back and forth. I do not consider back and forth messages proper communication. You simply can't ask someone for an opinion and get a response back in a quick and timely manner. You can pick up on what someone is like even here but it's certainty harder. It's just too "slow".

The most important factor is being together in that point in time and place and talking. And if you do typed actions with stars (*Example*) or /me commands to express what you like to do and how you feel about each other, so much the better. If you can't type at least something basic to set a scene in a head then you struggle with presenting your imagination to others. I give leeway in that area though. Coming up with ideas and how they play out before they've even happened is difficult (but extremely rewarding). Discussing things like "what, how, when" and above all "context" is what is important. This is ultimately what leads to actions once time and effort is made.

Basically, doesn't much matter about the environment. Just show you can think outside the box and be open minded and consider multiple viewpoints on things.

Physical is nice. But it DOES have it's limitations. Imagination (and therefor online roleplay) can be limitless. No reason you can't have both. ALL areas must be explored and considered. Imagination tends to lead to doing more in the physical world as well.
Breece Not Looking​(sub female)
3 years ago • Jun 17, 2020
I think it's best to find out what your getting into early on. She could be your best hookup in the world, rocks all your boats and she couldn't cut it real life. Know her first, then meet up. Take the time, it's so worth it. Girls love that stuff. 🌼
HisHunnyBun​(sub female){Taken}
3 years ago • Jun 21, 2020
Koneko wrote:
Hmmm......
Both have their advantages.

Online to offline
Pro: you know a lot about them and conversations don't turn awkward.
Con: unless you know their schedule, the time to talk is limited

Offline only
Pro: you will end up spending the whole time chatting which could be a long time depending on how long the date is.
Con: it will take you longer to get to know them.

I'm currently in a online relationship.
So far I've learned he likes the same things I do (cooking/video games). The thing I don't know about him is where he works.

P.S. make sure if you do the online to offline path to make sure to call and video chat with the person. You don't want to be chatting with someone who isn't who they claim to be!

Update:
I now know where he works!
Cytopathology lab
7pm-7am
SoaringFree​(sub female)
SoaringFree​(sub female) • Jun 21, 2020
I've been in both only online and online with in person. I don't think you really ever really know a person if it's online only. I do think it's a great way to start communication with likes and dislikes. My Sir and I were online only for a few months then phone and video chats which led to our 1st meeting almost 4 months later. That's when you really get to know each other. We now visit each other every 2 months or so. We live in Cali and Florida. My career doesn't allow me to blast my full name and pic everywhere, so that is a huge benefit of starting online. Building that trust first.
ProfessorVictoria​(sub female)
I honestly have had much better luck meeting people through munches. I feel safer, because there is a group presence, and people are more real and honest face to face. I've been searching for a dominant for a few weeks now online and the process is exhausting and disheartening. Everyone is either creepy or fake. Just my two cents.
IowaDom​(dom male)
3 years ago • Jun 22, 2020
IowaDom​(dom male) • Jun 22, 2020
Truthfully, texting, messaging, emailing, I dislike it all very very much. There is so much missing! I am a people person, I like people, I like meeting them! But if I am going to get to know you, the online version makes me feel deaf dumb and blind. I can't see your eyes, your posture, your body language. I can't listen for the inflections in your voice that can tell me so very much! In short, I find it hard to establish a connection electronically.

I have as far back as I can remember had the gift of being able to read people, to mentally and emotionally evaluate what is really going on with them, and then reach them on a personal level. At times...even here on the cage I read beyond the words of a blog or a comment and reach out to people to help them if I can, because I can "sense" if you will, that maybe they just need to bend a strangers ear, to be heard, the be important or appreciated. Vanilla GF's and Ds alike have told me it can also be a real pain in the ass, but its also strangely comforting having somebody tuned in to you like that.

But every time I try get to know somebody electronically, I am certain I either make a fool of myself, or bore them into tears, because I am not skilled at having typed conversations, and truly suck at picking up on clues to mover forward, so it generally goes to pot rather quickly. So to sum it all up? Face to face is DEFINTELY preferred!