Online now
Online now

Collaring

Umberlee
3 years ago • Jul 5, 2020

Collaring

Umberlee • Jul 5, 2020
Ok- I am looking for some different perspectives - what’s the collar mean for you? Is it a claim? A commitment? A training tool?
SeasonedDom​(dom male)
SeasonedDom​(dom male) • Jul 5, 2020
As a Dom, I consider collaring a sub to be a commitment to protect her and to nurture , care for and train her to bring forth all her potential and fulfillment to serve her DOM. The sub is trusting her Dom to be her protector and guardian. The Dom MUST be willing to commit to continual training and nurturing and comforting of His collared sub. she is His responsibliity and His charge.
    The most loved post in topic
alawey​(sub female){(OWNED BY }
There are many types of collars to some ppl and to some there is only one that truly matters and that is the collar we were around our hearts. There are some very good blogs on this subject I'll have to look and see if I can find them for you
Thinking Naughty​(dom male)
It really depends on you and yours. Not everyone sees it equally. To some looking for lifestyle it signifies a greater commitment than for those only interested in sessions or roleplay. You must decide for you.
tallslenderguy​(other male)
i know this is different from the norm, but i see collaring as someone who identifies a kink in me that they are able to sort of captivate and control. i know there are physical parallels or components, but i see psychological ones as well. i see our "kinks" as individual expressions of need and want and i see a natural bond can form when two opposites attract (like a Top and bottom). E.g., a Top may 'see' a bottom and with skill and understanding collar the needs of the bottom with their needs as a Top.
lol, makes sense to me anyway
bearfortwinkz​(dom male)
bearfortwinkz​(dom male) • Jul 5, 2020
To me a collar is a show of the relationship, it's a reminder that both have committed to the other in a way that's different from a wedding ring or something of that nature. It's a constant reminder to the sub/slave that they are owned and that someone else is calling the shots. But it's a reminder that they're protected and taken care of, that they don't have to worry about anything. It's a territory flag as much as it is a symbol of pride. Something that must be earned.
wildGurl​(sub female)
wildGurl​(sub female) • Jul 5, 2020
You decide what it means for you within your dynamic. To me a collar means commitment, some think it's the same as a wedding ring. I only know that the term is used very lightly these days by some (maybe Instadoms) and they use a collar as a bait.

Don't rush into anything!
Succubrat{Not lookin}
3 years ago • Nov 19, 2020

Re: Collaring

Succubrat{Not lookin} • Nov 19, 2020
Umberlee wrote:
Ok- I am looking for some different perspectives - what’s the collar mean for you? Is it a claim? A commitment? A training tool?
Succubrat{Not lookin}
3 years ago • Nov 19, 2020

What does collaring mean to me???

Succubrat{Not lookin} • Nov 19, 2020
A outward acknowledgment a bond, a promise, a commitment from the Dom to his intended sub. They both walk into the fire together and take on this amazing Dynamic Journey together as one.