Online now
Online now

Conditioning kinks

evergrey​(sub female){Ashigeru}
6 years ago • Feb 13, 2018

Conditioning kinks

Here's a topic for the room-

Do you think it is possible to condition a kink into someone?

Let's say a dominant has a major fetish for stockings. Their submissive feels sexy wearing them, and likes the look of them, but doesn't think about them very often, and it isn't much of a kink for them.

Do you think, since the submissive does think they are sexy, that, through conditioning, a dominant could create a sort of sexual Pavlovian response to stockings in their submissive? Say, they integrate them in play and always give orgasms to the submissive whilst the sub is wearing the stockings.

I'm thinking it's possible, to a degree. It might never be a major fetish for the sub, but they might come to appreciate them a lot more and feel turned on putting them on, because they have been conditioned to associate them with sexual pleasure.

What say you?
Bunnie
Bunnie • Feb 13, 2018
I read an article once about how to “create” a masochist. It was believed that by using pleasure, a sub can slowly be trained to withstand more and more pain. After listening to and having many conversations around this, and experiencing it myself, I tend to agree. I see this as a form of conditioning. The same can also be said for orgasm control. I think to a degree, any form of “training” is conditioning. And considering how much D/s is a psychological dynamic, I think it’s quite a natural part of it. A sub is trained to do things as the Dom/me wants. Whether or not they would love something to the degree of it becoming a fetish for them or not, I’m not sure... maybe if they had those tendencies there slightly already, but I tend to see a fetish as something that is almost a part of you... it’s something that makes no sense as to why you’re into it, but it just does it for you. So I guess looking at it from that aspect, I’m not sure that I could see that a kink could be “trained” into someone to the extent of it becoming a fetish.
    The most loved post in topic
Taramafor​(sub male)
Taramafor​(sub male) • Feb 13, 2018
It's quite possible. I've gotten people into things because they care about my happiness and wanted to do those things to make me happy. More often then not that's reason enough for someone to get into something.

It can of course be easier said then done. But the more you do a thing the better and more comfortable you get at it. The question is what's done in return?
Asteria​(neither female)
Asteria​(neither female) • Feb 13, 2018
I think everything depends on individual and - obviously - conditioning factor. The stronger or more extreme said factor is, the most efficient conditioning might be. But then again, it also depends on how resilient particular individual is. For some, conditioning might not even be possible.
evergrey​(sub female){Ashigeru}
Taramafor wrote:
It's quite possible. I've gotten people into things because they care about my happiness and wanted to do those things to make me happy. More often then not that's reason enough for someone to get into something.

It can of course be easier said then done. But the more you do a thing the better and more comfortable you get at it. The question is what's done in return?

Hah, well, I'm actually facing this currently, myself, though the kink in question is leather boots.

So far? mind-blowing orgasms, subspace, and all the fun stuff that goes with a good dominant and his supportive primary sub.

Hah, my own hot, beloved Master confessed to some boot fantasies last night, and is meeting those two for the first time tomorrow, soooooooo that's going to be very interesting.

This particular dominant believes he can condition in a sexual response trigger for me around boots by the time he leaves for the other side of the planet in a week. I'm not sure it can happen so quickly, but we'll see.
Asteria​(neither female)
Asteria​(neither female) • Feb 13, 2018
Eve, but with those boots, wouldn't that be more of new, very hot concept combined with physical sensations that will leave you incredible memories, and those will make you and your body react?

In theory, after successful conditioning you are supposed to react on particular factor basically everywhere. Do you think it might be the case with boots? Imagine yourself in a shopping mall seeing such boots icon_biggrin.gif
Bella duPuy​(sub female){Not lookin}
i have NOT read the others responses to Your post, Ev, so if i repeat what's already been stated ... my apologies.

That said ...

Is this something that has been discussed between the two (Dom/me/Master/Mistress and sub)?
- i ask because it was not stated in the presentation and i do not want to presume that it was.

Please advise ...