Online now
Online now

"Rope Bunny"

tallslenderguy​(other male)
3 years ago • Oct 13, 2020

"Rope Bunny"

i have little to no experience with ropes, binding or being bound. i recently experienced being bound and gagged virtually by a "rigger."

i want to know how others perceive the two terms. Here's my question, to me a "rope bunny" is a pretty submissive position and "rigger" seems pretty dom? i know that all labels are just a starting place, but if you saw "rope bunny" as an identifier with little qualification otherwise, would you think the person is more of sub or leaning there? And vice versa, if you saw "rigger" as an identifier with little qualification otherwise, would you think the person is more of a dom, leaning that direction?

What are your thoughts?
ribbonbaby{Guarded}
ribbonbaby{Guarded} • Oct 13, 2020
Neither. And yes..
From what I have learned, it's similar to bedroom vs 24/7 D/s.
When it comes to rope play, a rope bunny loves to be bound, to be able to release control, the feeling of the ropes, the placement of their body, etc. but might not necessarily submit any other time.
A rigger is someone who loves the process, the textures, positions, beauty, etc of the play between the rope, the bunny, and themselves. From the conversations and things I have read, it is an interaction of all the elements that riggers (and bunnies) love.
However, I do not know if all riggers are Doms. I only know that not all rope bunnies are subs. I haven't thought to explore that question.
So, in answer to your question, what do I automatically think?
I automatically think of them in terms of the scene, and having those positions, desires, and experience. That's it.
I hope that makes sense. Lol
Redfoxmask​(dom male)
Redfoxmask​(dom male) • Oct 13, 2020
rope bunny may/may not be submissive but love the ropes, it could and might be a way of literal release, orgasm or a state of mind , and an emotional release. physical sensations of rope get rope bunny off so to speak.

rigger may / may not be dominant but loves the feel of the rope, the texture, the beauty of the person bound and the knots used to bind as an art.

at least thats how I see it.
Zerospace​(dom male){Amalthea}
I can only speak from personal experience on this, but I am primarily a Rigger. I love tying my sub up. She is a robe bunny, loves to be bound.

So far, seems very in alignment with the whole Dom = Rigger, sub = Bunny thing.

But, and maybe this is the switch in me, I like to be tied up once in a while. I enjoy the challenge of trying to escape the ropes. It brings out my primal hunter and does not (to my mind) make me less of the Dom in that scenario. Once I'm out, I pounce.

I think, as with all things, that these are fluid dynamics.
tallslenderguy​(other male)
Thank you for the thoughtful, open responses! Great input, hope it keeps coming.

One of the things i love about a complex community like this is how it exposes my hidden presumption. It's so easy to have unconscious notions about stuff, our 'norm' often unconsciously becomes "the norm". For instance, i read a lot of profiles of "Dom males" and few qualify if they are straight, bi, or gay, many don't qualify if they are looking for a male or female or_______________. my guess is many just assume everyone is like they are, not consciously, just assume they are the default without even thinking about it.

i found i was doing this about bunnies and riggers... i just automatically assumed "bunny" is a sub position and "rigger" a dom position, but it seems as with most things BDSM, it's personal. i did want to get a general Cage community read though, see what others think or feel when they see the terms or consider the position.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Oct 13, 2020
They actually walk to the beat of their own drum. From my experiences, those in the rope community don’t necessarily identify as either Dom or sub... a Rigger can be someone who simply loves being a rope Top, and a bunny can be someone who simply loves being a rope bottom. As to whether or not they identify as a Dom or sub is up to the individual.
I have met many who don’t become involved in any other parts of the bdsm spectrum. Especially when you begin mingling with those who follow the historical (I know how much the word “traditional” steps on sensitivities) aspects of Japanese rope bondage. The power exchange elements may be there, but not with specific labelling, nor necessarily outside of the session.
    The most loved post in topic
Taramafor​(sub male)
Taramafor​(sub male) • Oct 13, 2020
Quote: The power exchange elements may be there, but not with specific labelling, nor necessarily outside of the session.

Nonetheless the power exchange elements are still present. If a dom is someone in control, eg: the person controlling the ropes, and a sub is someone that "submits" to being tied up, then at least in that situation one person is in control (the "dom") and the other is a being controlled (the "sub"). If someone enjoys being tied up I wager they're more likely to get into other situations where they're controlled with the person tying them up as well.

Personally I'm more into chains.
Bunnie
3 years ago • Oct 14, 2020
Bunnie • Oct 14, 2020
Also wanted to add, it’s not gender specific. I have had both male and female Riggers... both in floor work and suspension. At the moment, bunny’s are still a bit more predominantly female... some say due to it being easier to tie with the curves of a female’s body, but not everyone shares that belief, much like the mindset of there being a specific body size that looks good in rope... so we’re slowly seeing more male bunny’s emerging. For me it’s like art... and I think the male form can look just as amazing as the female form in rope icon_biggrin.gif