Online now
Online now

Random: Favorite Horror movies?

RubySoho
3 years ago • Oct 23, 2020

Random: Favorite Horror movies?

RubySoho • Oct 23, 2020
Hey! Its spooky season and I've been watching lots of scary movies! What are some your favorites?
Halloween
Scream
Psycho
Friday the 13th
Nightmare on elm street
Hereditary
And there are many more, that's all I got off the top of my head hahah. So, what are some y'alls faves?
    The most loved post in topic
LittleLavenderGirl​(sub female)
3 years ago • Nov 1, 2020
Hi, Ruby! i am a fellow horror movie lover, and all of yours are good choices!

i would choose:

~Psycho
~The Birds
~A Tale of Two Sisters (Korean version)
~Night of the Living Dead
~The Witch
~Dracula
~Misery
~The Shining
~Paranormal Activity
~Black Christmas (1974)

So many, i'm probably missing quite a few!
TheDankLord​(switch male)
3 years ago • Nov 1, 2020
TheDankLord​(switch male) • Nov 1, 2020
Favorites I've seen have been Overlord, and I am Legend.

I want to watch the Exorcist at some point. Not seen it yet but have heard its really scary. A Quiet Place looks good too.
Byrdie​(switch female){rl only}
3 years ago • Dec 25, 2020
There's not much serious horror that I like rewatching, however notable entries to the list include:

28 Days Later. Every time they're about drive into the tunnel and the main character starts yelling about how this is a really fookin' bad idea, I'm yelling right along with him. GAH!

Pumpkinhead. Involved one of the most subtle, stylish horror scenes I've ever witnessed. The problem is, it only works the first time: once I learned to watch for it, it stopped being as scary. However, it starred Lance Hendrickson and had a solid story.

Silent Hill. Aaaaaauuuuugh! Pyramid Head and the Bandaged Nurses cemented by already-existing fascination with faceless hoods. One of those "Nightmare on Elm Street" type franchises where the Big Bad will almost certainly have an advantage no matter now clever or resourceful one is, dammit.

The Exorcist. That show made me terrified to go into the dark basement for a few months after watching it. I don't know why I thought Regan would be hovering on the ceiling down there, but ... nope. Nuh-uh. No way. Don't care. Nope.

Macbeth, Sir Patrick Stewart version. Yeah, not originally meant to be a horror movie, but the witches in this one freaked me right the heck out.

For non-serious horror, I seem to like zom-coms:

Fido. Billy Connoly (title character) and Carrie-Ann Moss (50's, crinoline, pearls, and heels wearing housewife and mom) star in the charming story of a boy and his zombie. Actually, the world-building in this one is really cool. Canadian flick, I believe.

Shaun of the Dead. Brilliant, hysterical, and only slightly gross. Best use of a Queen song in a horror movie, in my opinion.

Zombieland. Takes the idea of actively acknowledging "horror movie rules" from Scream, and applies it Very Loudly to zombie movies. Great narrator, Woody Harrelson seemed to be having a blast, excellent celebrity cameo. I'm almost afraid to watch the sequel.
Miki
3 years ago • Dec 25, 2020
Miki • Dec 25, 2020
"Ghost Story" (1981 movie) That one seems to stand out.

Ghosts fuck me up because while I have never seen one (and hope I never will) I'm not 100% convinced there aren't any.

The Shining (1980 movie I think) was more gore than horror for me except where that little bastard was riding his tricycle-like thing round and round the hotel corridors and all of a sudden those creepy girls are there. I felt as though I couldn't shit for days.

The rest of it was OK.. Room 237, that chick in there. Not bad at all. Nice tits... Got me going until he kissed her and she turned into a moldy un-dead corpse.

Yuck.

I did laugh my ass off, though. Served him right for trying to cheat on his bride. Had he not died in the Maze, I bet he would never have screwed around again.

However, truth be told if I find myself in the position of having to stay at a hotel, I'd politely decline if they offer me a Room 237. I'd sleep in the car first.
LaVieEnRose​(sub female){Learning }
3 years ago • Dec 26, 2020
Aries Chris wrote:
Sharing some good asian horror movies

PHONE - South Korea
SHUTTER - Thailand
ALONE- Thailand
TRAIN TO BUSAN - South Korea
GONJIAM HUNTED ASYLUM- South Korea
AUDITION- Japan

I loooooove Asian horror movies! I just love the story telling and the draw on folklore and culture! I scour my streaming apps for Asian horror films all the time lol
SubtleHush​(sub female)
3 years ago • Dec 26, 2020
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Dec 26, 2020
Scary:
The original "The Thing"
The first "Alien"
The original "Exorcist" (by the way, that big long staircase is real and in Maryland next to a gas station)

Tense:
Jaws
The original "Body snatchers"
"The birds"
"Psycho" 1960

Seriously disturbing and somewhat based on a true story:
"The Night of the Hunter" Robert Mitchum
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Night_of_the_Hunter_(film)