Online now
Online now

Any GOR fans out there?

Sesten
3 years ago • Dec 31, 2020

Any GOR fans out there?

Sesten • Dec 31, 2020
My introduction to M/s was through Gor. Anyone else?
Bunnie
Bunnie • Dec 31, 2020
Hello Sesten,

My introduction into the lifestyle was through M/s, with strong S&m elements, however I have known people over the years who practiced Gorean to varying degrees. My first Rigger was Gorean and often shared with me some of what it was about. There were also a few slaves in our community (my local one) who had been Kajira’s at some stage during their journeys, and had loved it, especially the ritualistic aspects.

The Master I am currently with, incorporates elements of Gorean into His M/s structure, however wouldn’t be considered a strict Gorean Master, as He tends to not completely align with all of the concepts around it all. So, since having met Him, I have learned a bit more than I originally knew about the Gorean concepts and what it means to be a Kajira or slavegirl. Like Him, there are aspects I love, and some not so much. There is still much for me to learn though, so I wouldn’t say by any stretch of the imagination that I could really even hold a conversation about it, but figured I’d just let you know that there are people here and there icon_smile.gif
    The most loved post in topic
TheAnt​(dom male)
TheAnt​(dom male) • Dec 31, 2020
Bunnie,
I am a huge GOR fan, having been raised during the time it first launched into the movie industry. I believe strongly in training the positions as well as a few more. I have some sources for those who wish to learn more.
-DA
Sesten
Sesten • Dec 31, 2020
Thanks for responding. There’s stuff about GOR I reject too, and to be honest, the books are really poorly written. icon_smile.gif But reading them was the first time that it occurred to me that I might not be the only person in the world with M/s fantasies. icon_smile.gif
Literate Lycan​(dom male)
Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Dec 31, 2020
There are a number of Cagers who are into facets of Gorean lifestyle, sometimes picking and choosing. I read Gor decades ago but at the time I had no idea what it meant as that wasn’t my frame of mind. As a young (teen) I thought it was great fantasy with an epic, very sexual foundation but I had no idea there was anything outside the books. Years later someone mentioned to me about the Gor books and I said, “Sure, I’ve read them. I still have the Assassin of Gor and the Princess of Gor.” That was when I learned there was an entire culture dedicated to it.

For me, I am not poly and would never want to share myself or my other, and I’m not into strict M/s. I am D/s but in every dynamic you make of it what fits you. Several aspects of the Gorean lifestyle (such as the poses and rituals) are awesome and in my opinion make an excellent addition in a dynamic but I would still have to do research in to how to apply them. I do practice meditation and zazen so the Nadu and other poses that bring many submissives peace make absolute sense to me. And you will see a good number of submissives blog about Nadu and the poses.
Master Havok​(dom male)
Master Havok​(dom male) • Dec 31, 2020
I read John Norman's books at a fairly young age. I bought many of the books (Nomads of Gor is my favorite) but I didn't start actually practicing the lifestyle and going too events until much later.
House Talion​(dom male)
3 years ago • Jan 10, 2021
House Talion​(dom male) • Jan 10, 2021
Same, but I fi d their understanding of things to be just like any other aspect of the lifestyle- take what you like and make it your own