Online now
Online now

Deacon's Dungeon- Discussion Nights return

MasterDeacon​(dom male)
5 years ago • May 7, 2018

Deacon's Dungeon- Discussion Nights return

MasterDeacon​(dom male) • May 7, 2018
Discussion topic to be held in Deacon's Dungeon room just as I used to hold. Info below of what is to come and if you have something you'd like to be brought up as a potential discussion topic, please feel free to let me know via bond message, private message or even here.

Intro: For those of you unfamiliar with Deacon's Dungeon, Hi I'm Deacon! Also known as MD or Master Deacon. I am Aria's Dom and in the past I opened up a secondary chat room beyond the lobby where I hosted a series of topics that brought the community together to share personal experiences, knowledge, and to teach those of us who might not know as much as the next person. Subs and Doms are equally welcome, even pairs.

5/8/18- 9PM Eastern US Time zone

Topic: BDSM Myths and legends and how to debunk them in modern day society.
    The most loved post in topic
MasterDeacon​(dom male)
5 years ago • May 25, 2018
MasterDeacon​(dom male) • May 25, 2018
5/31/2018- 9pm EST

Topic: Fantasy vs. Reality

Those who push the extremes of the BDSM life style online but will not in reality. Right or Wrong approach to fetishism?

Opinion and view points based discussion, please be respectful of other's view points and feelings, it is simply a period to talk and see the mindset of others.
Fudbar​(dom male){❤️❤️❤️}
MasterDeacon wrote:
5/31/2018- 9pm EST

Topic: Fantasy vs. Reality

Those who push the extremes of the BDSM life style online but will not in reality. Right or Wrong approach to fetishism?

Opinion and view points based discussion, please be respectful of other's view points and feelings, it is simply a period to talk and see the mindset of others.

I'm going to skip this one. My experiences with discussions around this topic last week (Order of E and dollMakers blog posts and the subsequent chat lobby discussions) have shown me it's a pretty contentious topic.

The way you've worded the topic seems rather confrontational. "Those who push the extremes of BDSM online but will not in reality" alone is coming dangerously close to a Strawman argument. On top of that, the second half "Right or Wrong approach to fetishism" further adds to the problematic nature of the question. To suggest that there's any answer as simple or as binary as "Right or Wrong" is pretty close minded, and combined with the previous statement, it suggests to me that you have strong viewpoint on the topic already.

I think you'd be better served by simply expressing your own opinion on the matter rather than attempting to frame it as a 'discussion' when the question for the topic is so one sided.
Jashine
Jashine • May 25, 2018
My difficulty is that I'm confused about the topic. I don't see how 'fantasy versus reality' correlates to online and real life BDSM. The assumption appears to be that online BDSM is fantasy and that real life BDSM is reality. I imagine that much of the discussion would be marred by definition of terms. Maybe a less nebulous topic is needed for satisfying discussion; at least some clarification.