Online now
Online now

ADHD and sexuality

Badgirlblues​(dom male)
2 years ago • May 12, 2021

Hi!!!

Badgirlblues​(dom male) • May 12, 2021
Bunnie wrote:
Can you please elaborate further on what you mean?
And I’m also curious, what’s the name of the book please?

See above or below (not sure where this post will land.
Bunnie
2 years ago • May 13, 2021
Bunnie • May 13, 2021
Hi! Thank you... I’ve been quietly following along icon_biggrin.gif
Curious Raven​(other female)
2 years ago • May 13, 2021
As someone well into her fifties who only began exploring BDSM just prior to the pandemic and then was diagnosed with ADHD a couple of months ago, I was definitely drawn to this post! Just like BDSM, not everyone with ADHD is the same. Some have mostly attentional issues, others are primarily hyperactive and a third group have aspects of both presentations. Despite being fairly accomplished academically and professionally, I find that I have challenges with executive functioning including organization, time management and creating/following routines. So naturally, the idea of a Dom partner who would enjoy bringing that structure and accountability (amongst other things 😈) is VERY appealing! There’s actually a lot of information out there about ADHD and sexuality. I often find that I tune out mentally (but not physically) during sex which I had always attributed to a trauma history. But maybe it’s just a garden variety attentional issue!

PS Dr, Hallowell is a really engaging speaker...for those interested, you might want to Google his online presentations.
SageFlame​(sub female)
2 years ago • May 14, 2021
SageFlame​(sub female) • May 14, 2021
My ex has ADHD. Only two things centered mind, reading and sex. But in no way was he one to fantasize and there was no exploration.

My son also has ADHD and a fertile creative imagination that spills into his writing and drawing. Who knows what the future holds.

The author you speak of has studied an extremely small sect of society. Just sayin'.
Sargeant​(dom male)
2 years ago • Aug 8, 2021
Sargeant​(dom male) • Aug 8, 2021
It makes sense to me. Kinda hit home and maybe shed some light onto the way I am along with my thought processes and my fantasies. Gotta read that book.