Online now
Online now

Advice about subdrop

Pumpkin29​(sub female){MrWhite}
5 years ago • Jul 21, 2018

Advice about subdrop

I'm looking for some practical advice about sub drop from people who have felt it or helped someone who has.

It's something I seem to be sensitive to. It took some time for my Sir and I to recognise it for what it was, and we learn a bit more about the best ways to deal with it each time, but it taints the experience and it's something I constantly have in the back of my mind now...will it happen this time?
I'd like to be as proactive as possible with it.
While Google has been fairly helpful in figuring out how to get through it, I feel like a pinch of prevention would be worth a pound of cure here. I can't be the only one with this problem, so I'm wondering if people would be willing to share?

Has anyone struggled with it and had success in circumventing it altogether?
I'd also love to hear your tips on getting through it as quickly and painlessly (and rationally) as possible.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
FlipSide1481​(dom male)
FlipSide1481​(dom male) • Jul 21, 2018
This is what has worked for me in my D/s dynamic.

Shoulder Time 1- as part of aftercare we snuggle and she puts her head on my shoulder and we talk without Protocol or recriminations about what just happened or did NOT happen with lots of touch and reassurance. This helped both of us work thru the feels about what we just did.
Shoulder Time 2 - If she feels emotionally challenged she can say "shoulder time" and the protocol drops and we talk about what is happening / happened as peers, without recrimination. Think of it as a safe word for emotions.

Being tired ,hungry and/or dehydrated IMHO makes you more vulnerable to subdrop or Topdrop, and is easily overlooked.

I hope that this is helpful.
    The most loved post in topic
FunCouple{.-Couple-.}
FunCouple{.-Couple-.} • Jul 21, 2018
Hello Pumpkin.

The great thing I liked which you mentioned In your post is “ Sir and I “ .... & .... “ we learn a bit more ”.

Your not alone, your are doing it together, as is only right and proper.

On the physical side, the endorphins and other hormones released after impact play take time to leave your body.
In other words it takes time to rebuild the balance of hormones in your system.

On the emotional side, write them down or talk about them with your partner.
Communicat, communicate, communicate ...... he will listen, care for you and love you.

If he doesn’t, give me his address.
I just so happen to know someone, who knows someone, whose neighbour knows someone in New Jersey who lives next door to someone who works in a meat packing factory and watches a lot of The Sopprano
(I shall say no more)
Pumpkin29​(sub female){MrWhite}
Thank you both for the replies.

My Sir is awesome at making sure my emotional needs are met, always. In that aspect, the struggle is all mine. He's attentive and dotes on me, which makes it even harder to get past feeling so irrationally sad and unwell. I know it's painful for him to watch and be unable to just fix it for me, and I need to ease that for him as much as I can.

Flipside, thanks for the tips on being hungry, etc...since tired is pretty much my permanent state of being...I hope I can figure out other ways to avoid it.

FunCouple, I'll be tucking that tidbit of info about the meat packing plant away for future reference...Just in case.

If you guys have any more tips, I'm happy to hear them!
Makemebleed​(masochist female){Collared}
5 years ago • Aug 7, 2018
Hi!

I'm new to the site but most definitely NOT new to BDSM and unfortunately certainly not new to dropping, either.
Know that sub drop is the *farthest* thing from irrational! It's a physiological response to heightened endorphins, a sudden loss of adrenaline. My first drop was so overwhelming, new and confusing to me; my anxiety was through the roof. It was after a heavy impact night, which baffled me even more because (1)I love impact SO much and (2) I started feeling it about 3 hours after the fact.

What helps me is adequate aftercare...it doesn't help prevent it entirely but it can help put you in a mindset that will allow you to get through your drop more positively. Cuddling and cheesecake! Also getting out of the bedroom or playroom and watching tv or something not at all play related.

Just remember...you might feel the farthest thing from ok but you absolutely will be.
Leartes​(sub male)
4 years ago • Feb 2, 2020

New and Inexperienced

Leartes​(sub male) • Feb 2, 2020
FunCouple wrote:
Hello Pumpkin.

The great thing I liked which you mentioned In your post is “ Sir and I “ .... & .... “ we learn a bit more ”.

Your not alone, your are doing it together, as is only right and proper.

On the physical side, the endorphins and other hormones released after impact play take time to leave your body.
In other words it takes time to rebuild the balance of hormones in your system.

On the emotional side, write them down or talk about them with your partner.
Communicat, communicate, communicate ...... he will listen, care for you and love you.

If he doesn’t, give me his address.
I just so happen to know someone, who knows someone, whose neighbour knows someone in New Jersey who lives next door to someone who works in a meat packing factory and watches a lot of The Sopprano
(I shall say no more)

I followed an new forum post about sub drop back to a link someone had provided to this one. Thanks FunCouple

I have only had two online experiences so far as a sub and after each I experience what to me were intense subdrops with the second being worse than the first.
I don’t get much sexual attention in my marriage and I think the lack of these type of endorphins and then all of a sudden coming into this community as an online sub and having great/exciting play then almost immediately after being allowed releases by the doms I was playing with I had overwhelming emotions of guilt/confusion and in the case of the second exp my whole body got hot and I started sweating.

I almost gave up on pursuing this lifestyle because I didn’t understand what was going on. Luckily I had started talking to other subs and one in particular explained it all to me and helped me understand it better.

I do wonder what remedy there is for subs after a drop if you are engaging in online exp and don’t have your dom to physically lean on after a drop. Though you can be open and communicate your feelings (if you have the words) the physical comfort in my case I think would be very helpful.

I do plan on cont to have more experiences and hopefully as I do my body/mind will become more accustomed to everything and the drops will be less often or at least less intense.