Online now
Online now

Love or Hate - 50 Shades

TwoRingsOneChain
2 years ago • Jan 18, 2022
TwoRingsOneChain • Jan 18, 2022
You guys kind of make me laugh you analyze things way way too far. Rather than just taking a movie for entertainment. That's all I ever saw of it in the first place entertainment.
    The most loved post in topic
Master Ebony​(dom male)
Master Ebony​(dom male) • Jan 18, 2022
Its easy to hate something that portrays a lifestyle in a 2hour movie. As long as the lifestyle I live is pure I do not need to associate myself with the basic tv movie type trash. Look at the Story of O. A book so well written you were drawn in as a reader, captivated by how O letr herself become fully immersed. Yet the movie was pure trash.

To me the worse thing to come out of the film was it made "Wannabe Doms" I see so many profiles on another site of a Male in a suit and Tie "Reference the main charater in 50 shades" yet their understanding of the Lifestyle is limited to wanting to spank a female subs ass with a crop as she is tied up with a pair of handcuffs..

As the BDSM world knows its place.. it cannot be diluted but a passing fad of a poorly written book (not knowingf the depth of the subject matter... and 3 movies which appealled to the Vanilla world. In reality neither the book nor the movies had anything to do with a lifestyle. The lifestyle is way too strong and secure to be even dented rather than damaged by the dross typed up by E L James.
harleyqt​(sub female)
harleyqt​(sub female) • Jan 18, 2022
Absolutely hate it.
I was so excited when I heard of a bdsm style movie hitting theaters and so much buzz about the book.

I couldn't make it all the way through either. The writing and acting, the complete storyline feels incomplete and ridiculous.
Sasa​(dom female)
Sasa​(dom female) • Jan 18, 2022
Why shouldn't I stand a story that someone has written? I also read science fiction and fantasy... do I expect a unicorn is coming and flying me to another planet? Why do so many compare it and feel insulted as if someone kicked their ass. This is so funny, feeling to be insulted be fiction. I mean are Germans insulted by be the bad guys or Arabs cause in movies the most are terrorists? Please don't be silly, as if it had tainted something wonderful filled with divine clarity. Lol. It is a fairy tale..
And the idea that fake people came out of that, lol. We are all fakes for people who think we are not enough x or y .
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Jan 18, 2022
TwoRingsOneChain wrote:
You guys kind of make me laugh you analyze things way way too far. Rather than just taking a movie for entertainment. That's all I ever saw of it in the first place entertainment.

I find it distracting when the plot line has an underlying theme of selfish manipulation on the part of the "dom" and love-sick desperation on the part of the "sub" though and can't find much humor in the bow it's tied up in. That's just the way the movies resonated with me. it's obvious many people loved the books and the movies.
(portrayals like the way his ex sub was introduced and his easy dismissal of her as a human were jarring to me as well)
Notely
2 years ago • Jan 19, 2022
Notely • Jan 19, 2022
I know the book came out 2010 it was about the author life I remember when people said you should read that. My time was bit before this more of erotica reading and forums I did go by 50 shades. They had to go through many life experience of abuse and growing figuring out who they are the last one when they are more grown and settle down more suited. I think the should came with a warning about it was about their life that not everyone should do the same as them many thought the lifestyle was this. I was before 50 shades of grey I got in to lifestyle 1997 reading erotica but if helps people so be it but they should their own with love not the abuse.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
2 years ago • Jan 19, 2022
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Jan 19, 2022
EssenceAmore wrote:
I was before 50 shades of grey I got in to lifestyle 1997 reading erotica but if helps people so be it but they should their own with love not the abuse.
I'm confused. Am I reading this wrong? Your profile says you're 37 but if I'm reading *this* line here correctly, you're saying you've been into "the lifestyle" since 1997?
Ingénue{VK}
2 years ago • Jan 20, 2022
Ingénue{VK} • Jan 20, 2022
That would make an age of 13. Reading books about sex isn't uncommon in adolescence. The age of consent in Germany is 14. Number conundrums. I'm confused too. My age on my profile was 107 for a while.

Jamie Dornan is all. Still. The film was a bit like bad Bridget Jones but without the humour. Didn't go beyond the first. The script was a bit dodgy so the books can't have been much better.

Merely my opinion and I respect the right of all to fully endorse the films. Can't be too careful on here these days. I adore the range of opinions.
A Cloud​(sub female){Owned}
One view not considered is the positive effect of normalising BDSM and link to be a healthy sexual discourse. There is a lot of conversations happening in the public that encourage healthy views and practices of diverse interests. The novel and film, although technically poor, has stimulated that public conversation.
A Cloud​(sub female){Owned}
One view not considered is the positive effect of normalising BDSM and link to be a healthy sexual discourse. There is a lot of conversations happening in the public that encourage healthy views and practices of diverse interests. The novel and film, although technically poor, has stimulated that public conversation.