Online now
Online now

Suggestion Thread

Villanelle​(staff)
5 years ago • Aug 2, 2018
Villanelle​(staff) • Aug 2, 2018
@ Dina - that's definitely on our list. Thank you so much for the feedback icon_smile.gif
Villanelle​(staff)
5 years ago • Aug 7, 2018
Villanelle​(staff) • Aug 7, 2018
Giving this a bump...AND...about to make an announcement about one of your requests icon_smile.gif

We love hearing your thoughts and ideas! Thanks everyone!
Fudbar​(dom male){❤️❤️❤️}
5 years ago • Aug 10, 2018

Automatic/mass welcome message..

I brought this up in chat yesterday as a joke, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder if it might have some actual utility.

What do you think about having an automatic email message that shows up in everyone's inbox when they first show up with tips and hints?

Some ideas:

For female subs:

- You will be flooded by messages from over eager Dom's. Most of these messages can be ignored or deleted. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the site and learn about predators before responding. Not everyone here is polite or kind

-you are not obligated to upload a photo right away, and overly explicit photos tend to attract more of the predatory types. Once it's on the internet, you can't take it back. Think carefully about what you reveal in your profile

-you are not required to address anyone by s title or respond to D types as a submissive. People > Kink

For male Dom's:

- please do not mass mail/spam or otherwise harass female members, including demands for instant submission or nudes. This is rude and unwelcome behavior. Kink does not grant you a license to ignore manners.

-If you are interested in someone, please consider simply 'liking' their profile using the button feature. If you must message, be polite, specific and detailed about what attracted you to them AS A PERSON.

For male subs:

- we understand that a good Mistress is a rare and special thing. Please do not innundate our Dommes with instant offers of service, or repeatedly message if you have been told your attention is unwelcome. Take the time to get to know people and value yourself.

- please report anyone who demands money for services. This is not allowed.

For female Dommes:

- if you are selling, spamming or otherwise exploiting our members, please leave now. This is not the place for you. Findomme is a valid kink, but you still must be genuine, honest and obey site rules.

For all others outside these areas:

Welcome! Kink, gender and sexuality are a wide spectrum, and we welcome everyone! We know that non conformity is a hard and lonely struggle at times, and we hope you'll share your voice and journey with us. If anyone here makes you feel threatened, unwelcome or shunned, please do not hesitate to speak up and report unwelcome behavior. All reports are dealt with personally and promptly by real, caring people. Your voice and presence makes us more diverse and stronger. Please stay and share with us.
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Aug 10, 2018
Thanks Fudbar and Aria! Everyone new to The Cage does receive a welcome email and a message on their homepage with some tips but I think we could definitely expand on what we are currently doing to incorporate some of your suggestions. Thanks again for taking the time to layout your ideas!
CapnRick​(dom male)
CapnRick​(dom male) • Aug 10, 2018
Hi Cagers--

I find it most irritating that there does not appear to be any way to keep a draft of a message in progress. If you forget, and , say, go to see a new message popping up--GONE!

...Unless I am missing a way to get half-finished messages back to finish them.... Thanks for considering.
Miki
Miki • Aug 10, 2018
Spanking and more wrote:
Hi, I just joined, it says you get first month premium free, I can’t open messages as it says I have to go premium???

Sorry Mr. Spanky, the Bond thingy, (which can be more of a pain in the ass than its worth depending on who's dragging his or even her hairy knuckles on the other end)-- it's "Pay to Play". Gotta keep the lights on I guess.

I only have it because I'm one of the first 12000 to sign on to this place. "charter member" I guess.

Bond is kewl but not the be-all and end-a;ll of this place and to be quite frank, some of my experiences in there.. I'd rather go to the dentist.

^_^
Byrdie​(switch female){rl only}
5 years ago • Aug 11, 2018
Miki wrote:
the Bond thingy, (which can be more of a pain in the ass than its worth depending on who's dragging his or even her hairy knuckles on the other end)-- it's "Pay to Play". Gotta keep the lights on I guess.

There's actually a list of the comparative perks of being a free member vs. a premium member, of which Bond chat is only one:

https://thecage.co/subscription/subscribe/

I like making Sooper Sekret notes on profiles, using a personal contacts list as a way to bookmark profiles that interest me, and being able to send PMs to any user regardless of their membership status; but I can understand how the frills might not be worth it to others.

However, I agree: I never saw any notice that the first month here is a free premium membership.
Miki
5 years ago • Aug 11, 2018
Miki • Aug 11, 2018
Thank you for that! I was unaware of the little perks that go with being a "premium" kinkster in here. Then again I darken these doorsteps on a limited basis so I never really gave myself time to investigate the features other than "Bond" which sort of jumps out at one. Lower right, throbbing purple means someone is banging on the door.

Note: To those who don't see me often my replies are often heavily laced with playful wit and snark. If something I write gets under your skin just let me know and I'll be more serious.

With that in mind:

@Fubar Thanks for that. When I first joined my inbox exploded with drooling doms looking to paddle my ass . None were rude or pushy. But I am aware there are creeps in all "social media" environments. I just got lucky. Unfortunately none of them did. I hated to be a disappointment but I had to put on my profile that I don't do "virtual BDSM" and I'm not one to set up a meet & greet in real life via internet settings. When I want to get flogged and laid (not necessarily in that order, but it helps) I go to places nearby where freaks like me are known to congregate.

All that having been said, what you wrote- cannot be stressed enough. Great post, Fella!