Online now
Online now

Anyone seen character dynamics in a show or movie that made something click?

PandorasRose
1 year ago • Feb 21, 2023

Anyone seen character dynamics in a show or movie that made

PandorasRose • Feb 21, 2023
For the longest time, I never related to any straight couple or relationship dynamics in media, despite being straight myself. Most dynamics I focused on were male x male and so not truly relatable. However, after watching Chainsaw Man, I felt myself gravitating towards the dynamic between Denji and Makima. Not only that, but I could actually see myself in Makima, something i'd never really experienced in quite this way. It made me realize there were other types of female doms as well as different types of male subs, aiding my discovery that I am in fact myself a dom; or that I see myself fitting that mould more anyways. Has anyone else had an experience like this? I'm curious.
House Talion​(dom male)
1 year ago • Feb 21, 2023
House Talion​(dom male) • Feb 21, 2023
I e always felt a connection to the male characters that lead without wanting to be the leader, the one most likely to get the job done.
    The most loved post in topic
Miki
1 year ago • Feb 28, 2023
Miki • Feb 28, 2023
Nothing remotely related to kink or sexuality but the (now old) movie "Misery". Kathy Bates' character rung a bell, so to speak. I don't emulate that as much as I identify with her rough exterior. Not that I would chain up book authors in a remote bedroom or anything, but the other part where the Deputy Sheriff came to her house to nose around and ask questions.. I'd have to see the movie again and where exactly it was said but I distinctly recall her calling him, an armed, duly sworn Officer of the Law doing some investigating -- as "Buttcrack".

I have yet to duplicate such a wonderful splash of "saying" exactly what I'm thinking, but by way of example:

I'm a crappy driver-- meaning I can drive very well but I choose to be less than a good girl with the rules of the road. Some would say "Such an Asian driver!" and they wouldn't be wrong even though I was born and raised here in the United States But I digress. If a cop were to pull me over for the usual weaving between cars and shit, I'd happily write on my whiteboard: "What are you stopping me for, Buttcrack?"

The look on the flat-foot's face would potentially be priceless.

Alas the few times they bothered to stop me I didn't have to go that far. I indicate that I am deaf and show legs. (easy, just lean over to the glove box to get the registration) ----They usually just indicate for me to behave myself on the road and go away.
autisticbarbie
1 year ago • Mar 1, 2023
autisticbarbie • Mar 1, 2023
House Talion wrote:
I e always felt a connection to the male characters that lead without wanting to be the leader, the one most likely to get the job done.

Agree with you. I can relate to reluctant leaders. Telling other people what to do sounds like a massive pain in the ass to me.
autisticbarbie
1 year ago • Mar 24, 2023
autisticbarbie • Mar 24, 2023
This post got me thinking. I don't have a dominant bone in my body, but I'm self sufficient, weird, and kind of an a-hole. My reluctant 'hero' is Eminem from 8 Mile. I watch that movie at least twice a year. I am a woman and I think it's OK if we cross gender lines to tap into heroes. I'm neurodiverse and maybe that's part of it?