Online now
Online now

How did you get or pick your screen(or lifestyle) name?

Mistress Maree​(dom female){Non}
5 years ago • Sep 19, 2018
I simply love to be clad in Leather from head to foot..... have done since I was 18 years old it’s my longest fetish...... so was an obvious choice for a name which I have had for the entire time I have been a Domme and in the Lifestyle. icon_smile.gif
ivyandtwine​(sub female)
ivyandtwine​(sub female) • Sep 19, 2018
I like this thread! What a fun idea.

The imagery of ivy and twine stuck out to me in a song that holds a lot of meaning for me. The line is "you know your desires and mine/ wrap my flesh in ivy and twine..." Out of context it's a little bondage-y, don't you think? icon_smile.gif

Symbolically, Ivy is steadfast and strong. It can cling so long to another plant or building that without it the plant dies and the wall crumbles... I like to think there's an element of support between partners in the BDSM community in one way or another.
Twine is tricky. It's typically made of a natural fiber like jute (bondage/rope connect here) and hemp. It's a serviceable material that has been used from ancient history, to now. Again, I find that it's not only an evocative image to be bound in twine (plz don't tho ow) but it also reminds me of the submissive's tether to their Dom and vice versa.

Ivy is just short and cute icon_smile.gif
PappaBear
PappaBear • Sep 19, 2018
[quote="Amethyst"]My screen name is from the stone. It's believed amethyst gems could prevent intoxication, provide protection, has healing properties, and keeps you cool.../quote]

PREVENT INTOXICATION...???!!! Oh HELL no bad stone! Bad,bad,bad stone!

I can get behind the others but Ame you need to rethink your life choices! ???
Boredsilly​(dom male)
5 years ago • Sep 21, 2018
Boredsilly​(dom male) • Sep 21, 2018
Before i came to The Cage I was on ALT and Fet for many years my name came from my Golden Retriever which her name came from Big Sky Montana, Called My Montana Girl...my Id became I am monty then everyone i knew shortened it to monty...It has history for me.

When I came to The Cage I wanted to try another name that I could relate to...I am a lumbermens daughter we owned 2 Tree Businesses, our family were Camping fools I still love camping to this day. I took on the name Campersdream due to my tree heritage.
HisSecretSub​(sub female)
5 years ago • Sep 21, 2018
HisSecretSub​(sub female) • Sep 21, 2018
Mine was created from my Tumblr name ... when Sir and I first became an item, it had to be a hidden ordeal (long story...) so when I created my Tumblr page as a way to communicate ideas and thoughts to him, it was the first thing I thought of to use as a user name. So, it was born. He is "HerSecretDom" and we use it for everything. Now it's more of a giggle for me because I know why it started - and even though we are very much out in the open in a very solid relationship now, we are still "in secret" so to speak with our lifestyle so it's fitting for multiple reasons icon_smile.gif
rosethorn​(sub female)
5 years ago • Sep 22, 2018
rosethorn​(sub female) • Sep 22, 2018
Roses are beautiful looking and delicate but they have thorns as nice as I can be and as lovely as I can look all dressed up... I am still human and have thorns, I can be a nightmare and have a list of issues and drama as long as my arm, its only fair to be upfront about it. Hence the nickname Thorny
Ms N
Ms N • Sep 22, 2018
I love this thread, props to the OP who thought of this!
I've enjoyed reading everyone's response.
Ok mine isn't so deep...
A coworker of mine (one who i've had many erotic dreams about) gave it to me one day.
It kinda of just stuck after that and the kids (i work at a school) have picked up on it. Since my real name is so hard to pronounce.

And of course it plays off of my more dominant side...
Feliciacr​(sub male)
Feliciacr​(sub male) • Sep 22, 2018
I picked mine because it's the name of the Fursona, and probably at this point quite possibly what I'd like my pet play name to be. I'm just used to people calling me Platinum on a level on the same as my real name. So I just used something that was personal to me, but also relevant to my desires.
Satindragon{N/A}
Satindragon{N/A} • Sep 22, 2018
Back in the day of CB radio's a couple of friends were helping me pick out a handle . They said since I was a lady most of the time and had a little crazy side they would called me The Satindragon.