Online now
Online now

Dom frenzy?

Mzladybug{Not lookin}
5 years ago • Oct 19, 2018

Dom frenzy?

Mzladybug{Not lookin} • Oct 19, 2018
I’m new to the lifestyle and I have been reading one thing I have seen a lot is sub frenzy. I am wondering if there is also dom frenzy?
Kara​(sub female){Dark Roast}
5 years ago • Oct 19, 2018
I wouldn't say that I see a lot of that. I see many guys who don't understand how things work and think that every woman identifying as submissive is desperate to send nudes and be bossed around. I don't know if that would count, though.
Miki
5 years ago • Oct 20, 2018
Miki • Oct 20, 2018
Seems as though this kind of thing happens when most are new to something. Sounds like human nature and mistakes are made on both sides. I've been doing this stuff for a while now without really getting into it as a "lifestyle" thing.. It's just how I roll, and I don't quite remember if any of that was a "frenzy" thing. One dude simply started slapping my ass hard while banging me and, well, I discovered it was a turn-on and asked him to slap harder, yank my head back by the hair, etc.

Of course there's the chance I don't know what people mean by "sub / dom frenzy" so I might be missing the point on this thread, but I posted to note that I don't recall expecting everyone who I slept with to slap me around, rather it was one more thing they could do to me during sex that added to the experience. Conversely, I've never been with anyone (M/F) who made automatic assumptions once they discovered I like it rough.
FunCouple{.-Couple-.}
FunCouple{.-Couple-.} • Oct 20, 2018
Hello MzLadyBug (I hope I am pronouncing that correctly)

I only have a few minutes to answe your question as we are about to go out.
It’s a bit of a rushed answer but I wanted to have a go in case I forgot it later.

I wrote a post called Dom Space ( https://thecage.co/blog/userblog.php?blog_id=28559&postid=6611 ) but I’m not sure this really answers your question.

In my mind, both sub and Dom frenzy are an enthusiasm to experience more, and as a consequence can cause honesty, smart and safe choices to be put aside.

For a sub, that enthusiasm can cause bad judgements to be made, potentially impacting on their safety.

For a Dom, that enthusiasm can also cause bad judgements to be made, behaving in a manner their experience hasn’t prepared them for yet ..... impacting on the safety of their sub or bottom they are with in a scene with.

It’s entirely possible that a D-type will also not have had as many opportunities to develop and hone their knowledge and skills as it’s probably harder for them to find a play partner.
There always seems to be more D than s types around.
Giving yourself a title doesn’t suddenly make you knowledgeable and very few would admit to being un-masterful.

Injuries can and do happen at anytime and ‘frenzy’ can happen to anyone, no matter how long they say they have been in the lifestyle.

Hope this helps.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Oct 20, 2018
Hi @ Mzladybug... cute name icon_smile.gif
In regards to online, I would say absolutely that Dom frenzy is a thing. I’ve seen it a lot to be honest. When a lot of Doms (I’m not saying all) first join here, they’re overwhelmed by the attention they receive. Perhaps this kind of attention is a new thing for them, I don’t know. But they can tend to kind of fall into a bit of a kid in a candy store mindset, and want to run around taste-testing all the flavours before picking the one they like best... or wanting to keep them all. Some settle after a while, and some simply don’t... because let’s face it... there’s no shortage of subs lol.
In regards to off-line, it might still be a thing, but I’d say probably more difficult to achieve... especially if it’s within a small kink community, where everyone knows each other.
    The most loved post in topic
DrWakko
DrWakko • Oct 20, 2018
Dom frenzy is different than sub frenzy. While Sub frenzy is trying and doing everything now, it can’t happen as a Dom / Top. Dom /Tops need to have toy bags and a partner (bottom) to have a “frenzy”. Most new Doms / Tops don’t have or have a small toy bag and no partner (bottom) so having a frenzy is a bit of a challege.

I think a Dom/Top frenzy is more of a Dom/Top getting a new toy and showing it off to anyone who will listen an demo or use it in a scene with anyone willing to try it. This frenzy could last a month or more or until the Dom/Top gets a new toy.
FunCouple{.-Couple-.}
FunCouple{.-Couple-.} • Oct 20, 2018
OK I'm back.

I pulled this off the Internet titled 'Frenzy in BDSM'
The link will be at the bottom.

Here is an extract ......

" For Doms – Frenzy can feel like the world is your oyster. You feel hungry, voracious, and can make or break any sub of your choosing, you are sin incarnate. You will give, and take, and take, and take – often without consideration to consequences, good preparation, or basic safety of both yours and their minds and bodies. It is highly important that a submissive learn to recognize the signs of Dom frenzy: reckless eagerness, arrogance, lack of communication or respect. If you see this, suggest perhaps getting to know someone quietly over coffee or tea and see if reason returns. If not, simply politely decline – how they feel about that and manage it is their problem, not yours. '"

Hope this helps.

Here is the link:

https://limitsunleashed.com/2015/02/13/domsub-frenzy/
Mzladybug{Not lookin}
Mzladybug{Not lookin} • Oct 20, 2018
Thank you everyone I appreciate the information. I’m still learning.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Oct 20, 2018
FunCouple wrote:
OK I'm back.

I pulled this off the Internet titled 'Frenzy in BDSM'
The link will be at the bottom.

Here is an extract ......

" For Doms – Frenzy can feel like the world is your oyster. You feel hungry, voracious, and can make or break any sub of your choosing, you are sin incarnate. You will give, and take, and take, and take – often without consideration to consequences, good preparation, or basic safety of both yours and their minds and bodies. It is highly important that a submissive learn to recognize the signs of Dom frenzy: reckless eagerness, arrogance, lack of communication or respect. If you see this, suggest perhaps getting to know someone quietly over coffee or tea and see if reason returns. If not, simply politely decline – how they feel about that and manage it is their problem, not yours. '"

Hope this helps.

Here is the link:

https://limitsunleashed.com/2015/02/13/domsub-frenzy/

My understanding of the term. Mostly a newbie dom thing, but the more experienced are not immune to getting sucked in by the heady energy and loosing their grounding, control and as a result compromising their decency.
cyndi lucy
cyndi lucy • Oct 20, 2018
I guess it means being over enthusiastic for being a sub