Online now
Online now

Sassylicious
7 years ago • Mar 30, 2016

Sassylicious • Mar 30, 2016
I can't get my avatar changed! It acts like it is being selected but then it never loads.  I have tried it in mobile format and desktop format.   Please help! 
Cage Monkey​(staff)
Cage Monkey​(staff) • Mar 30, 2016
Oh, you meant selecting an avatar from the gallery didn't work? 

Fixed, works now icon_smile.gif

Thanks for letting us know!
Sassylicious
I see the gallery now.  However,  I want to upload one of my own. I was able to get one uploaded but it won't let me upload another. 

Also,  when I add pictures to my profile,  how do I  find where they went? I  can't find a section for my uploaded pictures. 

Another thing,  I am not being notified fir responses. 
Cage Monkey​(staff)
What error do you get when you try to upload another image for the avatar, and - does the image you are trying to upload have a extension (.jpeg, .gif, etc.) we need it to have a valid image extension to work, this should be improved soon. 

We don't have a central repository for the images, when you upload an image to the profile or an avatar - it replaces the previous one. There is an image repository for the blog - that has only the images you uploaded to the blog and it opens when you click on the image button.

A gallery section will be added soon!

What kind of responses are you not being notified about please? for now we have email notifications, on site notifications coming soon as well.

Thanks for trying us out during BETA, enduring our glitches and help us improve on the way... icon_smile.gif
Sassylicious
Ah,  ok, I was expecting on sight notifications.   

As for the avatar,  it lets me select the one I want from my phone images and then appears to be loading but then nothing happens. 
Cage Monkey​(staff)
I think I might have fixed that, would you like to try again to upload the same image file that failed to upload earlier? 

Thanks!
Sassylicious
You got it fixed! Thank you! 
    The most loved post in topic
explorer​(switch male)
7 years ago • May 18, 2016

Re Sassylicous problem

explorer​(switch male) • May 18, 2016
Hi Assaf

I  have had the same problem, tried to change pic yesterday and although, using my iphone, the site said "profile updated successfully", the picture remained the same. 

I have read through the discussion you had with Sassylicious but like him, I don't get an error code, it appears to load, but I do get a profile updated successfully message. Think this is the only difference in the problems we have had. 

Is it blocked as its too exhibitionist as I will tone it down if thats the case and i apologise if its caused any problems or offence

The discussion thread was from the 30th March to help you find the issue Sassylicous and I have had

Thanks icon_smile.gif 

Sassylicious
Quote: I can't get my avatar changed! It acts like it is being selected but then it never loads.  I have tried it in mobile format and desktop format.   Please help! 

Sorry if this is duplicated, as I tried to post and the screen went blank and I wasn't sure if was submitted
Cage Monkey​(staff)
7 years ago • May 18, 2016
Cage Monkey​(staff) • May 18, 2016
Sorry you're having technical issues, let me try to help out.

I understand that this time we're talking about the profile picture, that's the picture displayed in the profile page (we call "avatar" here to the small square image that appears often by your nick here)

I tried to replace my profile picture with a photo from my iphone and it worked fine for me (of course..) I click edit profile, then pick up the file, then finally update profile. 

But that doesn't work for you, so I suggest, that if you can email me the image to info@thecage.co and I'll try to find the cause of problem is and fix it.

Thank you!

- Assaf