Online now
Online now

Protected?

Devil's damsel​(sub female){HandsomeDe}
5 years ago • Mar 3, 2019

Protected?

I see collars that say “Protected” and I have never quite understood what that entails.

Protected from what? Can anyone shed some light for me? I’d love feedback from the protected or the protectors.

Maybe I just don’t get it.
CrimsonPaw
CrimsonPaw • Mar 3, 2019
When I first joined I was offered to be protected by a few different Dom's. They explained that they just wanted to make sure I wouldn't fall victim to any predators. They offered to help me explore the site, befriend me, and they offered to vet any potential Doms.
Kara​(sub female){Dark Roast}
I was protected for quite a while. It kept away the assholes looking for an easy target. A protector isn’t your Dom. He does not involve himself with your submission or attempt to teach you anything. It’s a good friend who helps you keep from losing your head or falling prey to a predator.
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Mar 3, 2019
Protected ideally means

From the s type side
Before someone else can touch or play with you they have to ask your "protector "

From the D type side
The person is supposed to be under your care.
The D type is supposed to put this persons best interest above their own.
The D type is supposed to introduce the protected person safely into the community.

What happens in an unfortunate number of cases is the D type finds a new person.
Says "ill protect you " . Slaps a collar on them, they have no idea what the significance is. Fucks them, plays with them all under the guise of protection -- then drops them.

What can also happen is an s type can say they are under protection and then use their protector to start fights and pit people against each other.

I have put eve under protection twice. It was extremely needed in both instances.

I think it is handy.

But I also think a person. Needs to be careful.
    The most loved post in topic
Fudbar​(dom male){❤️❤️❤️}
Yep .what's been said already, dd. I do more or less the same with no labels or formal agreement; most good Doms will, or suggest someone who can.

I've had one I care for who put it in her collar on her own initiative; it made her feel better. I'm cool with that, but I'd never make it a formal condition of "protection", which at its best is really just a good friendship.

We all protect each other as we can. If a formal declaration makes the s type happier and safer, I'm all for it.

My only caution is that just like all stuff, newbie poachers take advantage. The real deal should feel right and not be pushed on someone.
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Mar 3, 2019
Oh, I forgot.

The protector is also a go to incase something happens to the one being protected.

That's what happened to my love.