Online now
Online now

Book Review

Satindragon
5 years ago • Nov 5, 2018

Book Review

Satindragon • Nov 5, 2018
I am sure some of you will diagee with me but that's okay. If we were all the same, this would be a boring world.

I don't know or care about the reasons why the book club here on The forum was canceled. It was a great idea to spread some knowledge around.

Here is what I think. If you have bought the book, read it. Post a book review here. Say what you think about the book. List your favorite parts. Ask questions. Start a conversation, it doesn't have to be in a club format.

Bullies exist everywhere. YES even here!
    The most loved post in topic
NaivelyOptimistic​(sub female)
I'm glad you made this.

For those who missed it, we're reading through SM 101 by Jay Wiseman. https://www.amazon.com/101-Realistic-Introduction-Jay-Wiseman/dp/0963976389

I was looking forward to discussing this in the forum because the long-form medium makes it easier to draw out certain ideas and concepts rather than in chat. And some of you people don't chat, so this should be good. We're covering a chapter a week in the chat room (starting with chapter one this week), but obviously you can read and talk about whatever you like in your post.

I'm excited to learn from you all.
Satindragon
This is not limited to the reading of SM 101.

If you have read any book that you find informative please share with us.

I recently read The Loving Dominant by John and Libby Warren.

Such a great book! Filled with all kinds of useful information for both Dom's and subs. Chapter 9 is about building scenes. Chapter 10 is on toyboxes. Which if you are a beginner gives you an idea of all the fun things to play with. Chapter 11 is Fun and Games. The chapter on first side is something that everyone needs. It covers treatment of cuts and bruises, stroke, head injuries and more.

I finished this book with a better knowledge of BDSM. It also has a great glossary of terms. Which is something every beginner needs.

If you have read this book tell us what you thought about it.
Satindragon
Everything BDSM
John & Abbey Pointer

If you are new to BDSM this book is a must read! It is basically a dictionary of BDSM terminology. It starts with 24/7 and gives an in depth look at what that means. It covers terms from A to S.

Because I am new to this lifestyle books have become my new best friends. I have read several and this one of the best. Until I read this book I wasn't familiar with a lot of these terms and there meanings.

I hope if you haven't read it that you will have a look at it and tell me what you think.
EnforcedBliss​(dom male)
EnforcedBliss​(dom male) • Nov 5, 2018
This is such a great thread. I love that people are throwing out suggestions and impressions.

I'm waiting for my copy of SM101 and I'd get free shipping for adding $4 to the order so I added $20 and got The Heart of Dominance by Anton Fulmen. I am impatient.

Satin: A BDSM dictionary? Drrroooooolllllll. I know what my next order is.
Stilgar​(dom male)
5 years ago • Nov 6, 2018
Stilgar​(dom male) • Nov 6, 2018
So we will still have a book chat? What day and time? I really think this is a great learning experience for newbies (especially me).
Satindragon
5 years ago • Nov 6, 2018
Satindragon • Nov 6, 2018
I am not trying to organize a chat. We are all free at different times. Come by and see if someone has posted a review on a book, or write your own. Then we can all voice our take on the book if we have read it.

Let's keep things simple.

EnforcedBliss..you will love Everything BDMS! There is so much great information.