Online now
Online now

Why do I cry?

RopePrincess​(sub female)
5 years ago • Nov 7, 2018

Why do I cry?

RopePrincess​(sub female) • Nov 7, 2018
So subs I need your insight here. I have a wonderful and attentive Dom and on three separate occasions after a particularly intense but enjoyable and exciting session, I turn into a crying mess!!! There are no negative feelings during or after the scene; it’s very pleasurable actually. I can’t predict when it will happen, it just does. How come I can’t put into words what’s happening in my brain and where the emotion is bubbling up from? I’m a relative newcomer to the scene but my kinky tendencies have always been present. So it’s been very rewarding being able to express myself on this level with a Master I can trust and who takes good care of me. All these limits I thought I had have started to slowly disappear to reveal all kinds of amazing sensations and experiences. But the crying...wtf?! Please enlighten me.
CrimsonPaw
5 years ago • Nov 8, 2018
CrimsonPaw • Nov 8, 2018
Sub drop sucks. You need aftercare. It's best to take care of yourself before it hits, rather than pulling yourself up afterward. (At least for me)

I'm assuming your Dom is providing aftercare, so maybe it's not enough or exactly what you need. Talk to him about how you're feeling. You can also find ways to nurture and pamper yourself when he's unable to do that for you.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Nov 8, 2018
It can just be a release of pent up emotions and beliefs. If you’re anything like the majority of us who’ve spent a very long time walking a path that wasn’t really the one for us, there can be a lot that comes up and bubbles out, for quite a while. It takes a while to pinpoint where it’s coming from and what it is, because we’re not really encouraged to do that in vanilla-land. If you’ve been shut down or numb for a long time, you may swing back to the other extreme for a while and become emotionally or sensory overloaded. It’s nothing to fear. Talk with your Sir about it, and experiment with things that bring you comfort. Some people need cuddles or to talk or to not talk or chocolate or icecream or nuts. My only advice would be to avoid alcohol or drugs. But there’s nothing wrong with crying. I just call it my heart’s way of expressing itself. If you find that it doesn’t lift though, that is something else. For myself, it can last anywhere from a day to a few days up to a week, depending on how intense the sessions were. I find now that I’m more just tired and drained. So be aware that it may shift over time too.
    The most loved post in topic
Bunnie
Bunnie • Nov 8, 2018
Oh... just to clarify... I’m not talking solely about the crying aspect. I’m talking about the feelings that can accompany that as well. I wouldn’t say that crying for a week or even a few days after is ok... however you may feel low.
RopePrincess​(sub female)
RopePrincess​(sub female) • Nov 8, 2018
Master is good about aftercare and we are crazy cuddlers. I feel pretty lucky in that he is both my Master and my domestic partner or whatever I should call it. So it’s a blended relationship and he is very nurturing. The crying doesn’t last long; no more than 20 minutes then I calm down and I’m fine but pondering where it came from. I don’t ever feel low either. I feel genuinely quite fulfilled and maybe grateful to him for the pleasure which is so much more than anything I’ve know before.

Thank you, Bunnie and AmberRising for your responses; it’s really helpful!