Online now
Online now

BDSM: Best Advice You've Received?

NaivelyOptimistic​(sub female)
5 years ago • Nov 12, 2018

BDSM: Best Advice You've Received?

What's the best advice you've ever received about BDSM?

It can pertain to specific D/s roles or engaging the lifestyle as a whole, from super practical to theoretical. Lay it on me!
Fudbar​(dom male){❤️❤️❤️}
It may seem basic and generic, but still applies:

Be open and honest with others and yourself, and always put people before kink.

Also, never play angry or take your frustrations out in play. Knowing and understanding your own mood is as or more important than knowing your partner's.
Queen Rosalina​(switch female)
I've been told that new things may not work well at first but you gotta start gentle and continue trying until both of you get it. It really took off the pressure to succeed everything at the first try
Phanes​(dom male)
5 years ago • Nov 13, 2018
Phanes​(dom male) • Nov 13, 2018
I know I don't have to tell you this nav, but for those who are new to the lifestyle and haven't spent the time researching and getting to know the lifestyle; the best advice I can give anyone coming into the lifestyle is to do your research first before you try to find someone within it as a partner. In doing so you can get a better understanding who you may identify as within the lifestyle, know what questions to ask of anyone you may be interested in, are feel of what the expectations are of you should you enter a DS relationship, what the difference is between different Dynamics within the lifestyle, and finally how a relationship within the lifestyle should always start off as. Remember to always get to know the person you're interested on a personal level first!! Learn everything there is about that person. The only bad questions are those that you do not ask about. Develop a personal relationship first before any lifestyle interest. And always keep your guard up and remember your safety and health comes first above all.
Hawkeye
Hawkeye • Nov 13, 2018
All the above responses are true however I fail to see how they relate to bdsm. They are true for any relationship, of any type.
Phanes​(dom male)
Phanes​(dom male) • Nov 13, 2018
Hawkeye, that is true, it can relate to all relationships but in this case under this forum the responses are all in response to the subject at hand, BDSM. If You can't add nothing worthy to respond to this forum that adds to what's been already said, then why bother put your two cents into it?

Last edited by * on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total