Online now
Online now

BDSM: Best Advice You've Received?

NaivelyOptimistic​(sub female)
5 years ago • Nov 14, 2018
Oooh, yes, @MasterBear. Thanks for that clarification. This is good word. I can see myself (or maybe other newbies) falling into that trap, feeling like we need to pick a group to align ourselves with, so even if we can't wholly endorse them, we still give them our approval/consent so that we feel less alone in this world. But it's better not to rush in at all here.
MasterBear​(other butch)
5 years ago • Nov 15, 2018
MasterBear​(other butch) • Nov 15, 2018
@NaivelyOptimistic

Yes .

You worded this beautifully.

I'm not saying that groups will be perfect and that ppl will agree with everything they do.

I am saying on those things that are worth taking a stand for - your presence/absence matters.
Fudbar​(dom male){❤️❤️❤️}
5 years ago • Nov 15, 2018
MasterBear wrote:
@NaivelyOptimistic

Yes .

You worded this beautifully.

I'm not saying that groups will be perfect and that ppl will agree with everything they do.

I am saying on those things that are worth taking a stand for - your presence/absence matters.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil* is for good men* to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke

*Want to preserve quote as written, but sub in prejudice and people.
Onlinedomguy​(dom male)
5 years ago • Nov 16, 2018
Onlinedomguy​(dom male) • Nov 16, 2018
I have received so much....

One time I was talking to a possible submissive about her likes and dislikes, needs, and desires. What works for her and just listening to her talk about different experiences she had and she talked about having been in a relationship with a Dom who would use physical access as a punishment. He would ignore her for a day or so when she had made a mistake or done something wrong. She explained to me how it may her feel and although she wasn't giving me any advice, her words, the emotions behind it as she described what it felt like to her, made me understand, at least for me, that I did not want to do anything to cause those emotions and feelings she shared.

I think another good piece of advice was to treat my submissive as my goddess. Worship her in my own special way. I like that very much.