Online now
Online now

How do you know...

NaivelyOptimistic​(sub female)
5 years ago • Dec 2, 2018
My hard limits right now reads as, "I have no idea," because I don't. I'm probably more with Wakko on this.

I'm so new and inexperienced that I have no idea what I will love or hate. I have inklings, of course, but I'm very open to the process of finding out if those are accurate through trial and error (and perhaps retrials later for all the hard limits, just to be sure).

Rabbit-trailing, this means a few things for me: that I'll need to be with a very experienced partner who is a pro at reading responses and ideally well-versed in many different areas of kink, and also that I'll maybe safeword a lot in the beginning stages as I unintentionally stumble upon hard limits. I'm kind of preparing myself for this...
sweet november​(sub female)
I've seen over and over again in Forum, that if this section "limits" is blank or says "unknown" that it can be a red flag.

With that being said....
I should probably re- evaluate my limits. As they are, for the most part, generic... ...but still things I wouldn't do.
But do I need to list "pedophilia" as a limit? Probably not, because if that was even brought up, I'd report. If I ever came across it I'd call the police.

And, i'ts never been brought up by anyone.

When I first set them, I pretty much looked at others and used them as a guide.

Sometimes there are mixed messages on the forum.

Do this, ...........don't do this.

Best thing I guess is just do your best and if someone has any questions send them a message.
Fudbar​(dom male){❤️❤️❤️}
@Wakko said "I am not sure what people mean by nothing illegal since (in the US) you can not consent to assault, which means everything is technically illegal. "

This. It shows a basic lack of understanding about the law and BDSM..more so when they do often spell illegal wrong.

Also, I think many folks don't understand that something like ageplay, incest or rape play is not illegal between consenting adults. Just because someone enjoys a kink like that, it doesn't mean they don't abhor the real thing or understand the pain and damage it causes.
EnforcedBliss​(dom male)
5 years ago • Dec 3, 2018
EnforcedBliss​(dom male) • Dec 3, 2018
Quote: When you are saying something is a limit which area does it fall in? And if you have never had an experience with said limit how do you know which area to put it in (triggers do not apply)

Speaking only for myself I list some hard limits as a sort of reassurance as well as indicator. When I say no kids it is meant to keep those who are into kids away (not that there are hordes of them lurking about) and also to reassure those reading that involvement with me does not even potentially involve that coming up. Needless? Maybe. But such are the times.

Others, scat for example, I've never intentionally tried but it occurred inadvertantly once and my reaction was decidedly not, "Mmmm, gotta try this on purpose." I take that as pretty firm evidence that I'm not into it. Again that serves as reassurance and indicator as well.

And then there are the ones that I've tried and don't like. This doesn't preclude me deciding to give it another go should the spirit move me, but until then if putting something up someone's ass is important to you then I am not the guy for you.

Everything else (okay, not EVERYTHING) I've either not tried but would be willing to - even if I'm not sure I'll like it or I've tried and like or at least don't hate.

Like you I try to keep myself as open to new things as possible
BeyondTheVision​(sub female)
5 years ago • Dec 4, 2018
DrWakko, I see your point about maybe not listing everything that you haven’t tried.
I use to have a fear of knives. Until one night after a particularly long singletail session.

The next thing I knew there were ice cold knives (dull) running up my back and it was absolutely amazing and euphoric.

Guess who loves knives now?