Online now
Online now

Your take of a Submissive????

Kara​(sub female){Dark Roast}
5 years ago • Dec 10, 2018
If you submit, you are a submissive. Simple and clear. Just because someone has their own definition that you don't fit doesn't mean anything other than you're not a good fit for that person.

In my life, I happen to be bitchy, snarky, demanding, and a classical feminist. If some women are storms, I am a fucking hurricane that is relentless. I never hesitate to say what I think or act as I believe right. I also don't hesitate to tell people who need to be told off what absolute asshats they are.

However, there is someone in my life who merely snaps his fingers or voices a want, and there is instant compliance with his will. You could say that because I tell another person who issues a command to go stuff their entitlement up their ass that I am not a slave, but try convincing the man I gladly serve that.
curiouskittyy​(sub female){GentlemanX}
The English Cambridge dictionary defines a submissive as someone who ALLOWS themselves to be controlled by others.

Google defines it as someone ready to conform to the authority or will of others; meekly obedient or passive.

Your dictionary defines the role of a submissive as someone WILLING to do what others want.

And BDSM glossary terms defines a submissive as someone who takes on a subordinate position.

So basically the ‘label’ is subjective and varied. I agree with Kara that everyone has their own interpretation and that it’s about finding the right fit for you. I mentioned in a blog recently the issues that come with labels and how I personally view D/s on a bit of hierarchical scale - where everyone sits somewhere within.

If someone has an issue with you as a submissive or doesn’t consider you one? Well like MasterBear said:
MasterBear wrote:
Fuck everyone who tries to label you for their comfort .

You are who you choose to be.

Be you x
Allie Kat​(sub trans woman){DarkFox}

Re: OHHH Watch your words NaivelyOptimistic (LMAO)

Morley39 wrote:
The said person will come back with some GOOGLE definition like He did on my post being: (oh read and take in, this is ALL what a SUBMISSIVE IS. like really, truly absolutely, this is ALL we are, no ifs, ands or buts.... be prepared... because this IS the be all and end all of a Submissive!!! (LMFAO)

sub·mis·sive
/səbˈmisiv/Submit
adjective
ready to conform to the authority or will of others; meekly obedient or passive.
synonyms: compliant, yielding, acquiescent, unassertive, passive, obedient, biddable, dutiful, docile, pliant

So, i followed this whole thread... you know what words i don't see in Hawkeye's definition? I do not see the words "weak" or "everyone". Guess what, the most powerful person in the world, can be a submissive. Whether it be to one person, or to a small group or whoever. That same person can turn around and be a powerful /fixed point/ for everyone else.

Submissiveness takes many forms too. The way i submit to my Mistress, if different than how i submit to friends or family, which is different from how i /do not/ submit to others! A submissive is someone who openly states that they draw joy from and wish to submit... to /someone/. There is literally nothing else. Every other aspect of a submissive is subjective.

I hope that helps...
MsNevermore​(other female)
MsNevermore​(other female) • Dec 10, 2018
"The Devil whispered in my ear "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm"
Today, I whispered in the Devil's ear " I am the the storm" "

Actually sitting here and reading this and thinking about it. Your quote is spot on for many in the sense of submission.

Sad, that instead of looking a little deeper into the quote, one decided to tell you that you didn't meet their narrow understanding of you are the quote itself.

We are all our own storms so to speak. And in that their are different forms of storms just as there are submission. If we look at it from the basic sense that you = the storm then it goes to stay that the devil in this would be those who surround you. To say you, the storm, are not strong enough to withstand would be that those around you need to be able to understand the storm and forecast its path and intensity.
Even reading it literally in the sense that the storm, in this context, is submission, and you state that you are said storm/submissive is an acknowledgment of the strength of the storm within you. It's a clear statement that depending on the storm you are what others would need to know in harnessing or directing the course of said storm.

Dont doubt who you are and the intensity of your chosen storm path for one who still hasn't figured out how to jump puddles.

Ending my rambling but thank you for my Monday Musing. From one storm to another may you find your rainbow through the rain.
Morley​(sub female){Max Sterne}
Kara wrote:
If you submit, you are a submissive. Simple and clear. Just because someone has their own definition that you don't fit doesn't mean anything other than you're not a good fit for that person.

In my life, I happen to be bitchy, snarky, demanding, and a classical feminist. If some women are storms, I am a fucking hurricane that is relentless. I never hesitate to say what I think or act as I believe right. I also don't hesitate to tell people who need to be told off what absolute asshats they are.

However, there is someone in my life who merely snaps his fingers or voices a want, and there is instant compliance with his will. You could say that because I tell another person who issues a command to go stuff their entitlement up their ass that I am not a slave, but try convincing the man I gladly serve that.

Thank you Kara!

I love everything that you said! ❤️
SnappyJ​(sub female){Collared}
Those kinds of comments are intended to cow you and make you feel guilty. You wouldn't want to be involved with anybody who used shame as a tactic, would you? I find it highly off-putting. If your path to dominance is to belittle and try to undermine our confidence, then go play in another corner.

Stay strong, and the others are correct - your flavor of submission is between you and your partner(s).
Satindragon
Satindragon • Dec 10, 2018
Fud,

I think you found yesterday entertaining. I know I did.
HisRedd{Self}
HisRedd{Self} • Dec 10, 2018
I read that post and loved it! Remember as a submissive we really do have all the power, we choose to submit! (Underlining CHOOSE)
We find ourselves wanting to be submissive for many reasons, not because we are weak. In fact most I meet are very strong women. So yes we are the storm that want to be chased, and prepared for! So please stick up on your supplies if you are ever lucky enough to have a submissive storm come your way...

Redd
HisRedd{Self}
HisRedd{Self} • Dec 10, 2018
My apologies strong women or men...