Online now
Online now

I'm curious so don't take this wrong

Freya369
5 years ago • Dec 22, 2018
Freya369 • Dec 22, 2018
I think you might have missed...or I was not clear..Reich theory....and I happen to believe he is correct..here's where I save you the price of the book...and alienate the entire BDSM audience!

Goes something like..all people who he came across in his sex clinic, were suffering from some form of sexual dis function, upon further inquiry, all these clients also had orgasm issues, and most importantly, not able to perform with a partner...male to female, in what is referred to as full orgasmic potency. It was also discovered that the clients, even though engaged in intercourse, did not know how to "fuck properly" to achieve a full body orgasm.

This inability, had a radical effect on the person, causing what we would call, neurotic responses, deviant behaviour, perversions, and deviations from an ability to live an even keeled, rational, joyous and balanced life. Reich saw, war, violence in the general population, addictions of any type, over eating, bulimia, anorexia, hording, miserlyness, and sexual diviation of any kind ....as correlated to this inability to fuck the way nature had intended.

One of his most important discoveries concerned "amouring" all his patients had it in some form or other, you will have to read the book to understand the full blast of its meaning. But, one type of amour is a persons inability to hear the truth no matter how clear it's presented, due to them being in a state of high anxiety, which wouldn't exist if they were able to fuck properly on a regular basis.

He carried out thousands of documented experiments, which no one was interested in and has provable data to back up his findings.
Miki
Miki • Dec 22, 2018
As a masochist speaking for myself, I don't see a parallel between what gets me off and driving fast, drinking, or even gambling. It's not a high so much as the pain and humiliation combined with stimulation of special places gives me incredible orgasms so if one can be addicted to those, sure.. but remember, strictly in scientific terms the purpose of orgasms is to encourage people to fuck and make babies, so if it is a natural thing I can't call it an addiction a high or whatever.

Also pain and humiliation have to be in a sexual setting. Pain for the sake of pain doesn't bob my apples, neither would having a stew bum piss on my leg as we stand in the center aisle of a bus is humiliating, but doesn't cheese my crackers, either. It's not the same as having him boink me in the process.

There are some for whom pain and/or humiliation itself is a rush but that is different from me.

And as I don't get many BDSM partners I can do just fine with a plain fuck. As I am bisexual the difference between sex with a man and sex with another woman is, well two distinctly different ways to get satisfied.
Meja
Meja • Dec 22, 2018
I don't know if that question was for me, but I say, definitely not, anything becomes imbalance when there's imbalance.
Meja
Meja • Dec 22, 2018
Actually I think he means imbalance, and I believe evil consist of imbalance as well.
As I'm spiritual I know about actual evil dark whatever name, people or non people, beings,.. Basically do this because they are distorted, lack love, or just even not humans. So, imbalance might be a correct answer, but it's going way out over pure physics.
Meja
Meja • Dec 22, 2018
I say people make things healthy or unhealthy by their own accord not that it's unhealthy to start with, but what we do with it, just like anything else, really. And that's quite a balanced answer if you ask me.
Freya369
Freya369 • Dec 22, 2018
This is for Master Bear..thank you for asking your question..it showed that you had understood ..what Reich was saying....and it was the logical question to ask...remember I am a switch, and have some experience of the bd sm modalities, even if towards the light ish end of the spectrum..I don't think I am excempt from disfunction.....and yes I do think it's a dis function as Reich has postulated....I know this will inflame many to disagree with me, but I don't say it to hurt anyone.

We know there is a spectrum in this realm, and we also know that some ..thank God a limited few who think "literally any thing goes sexually" .....I am very happy to say that perusal of the ads here has been universally condemning of anything that would be illegal. My hope is that those specific written words translate into real life. I have to confess, I don't particularly want a cure for what ails me! Nor am I ashamed, that does stop me realising that it's a "kink" in my armour, one which it would seem can not be eliminated.
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Dec 22, 2018
@Freya

I dont put much stock in what is being said here.

Mostly because of the word "perversions".

Because BDSM requires insight, communication, reflection, and respects triggers--- I find it to be healthier then vanilla sex.

Reich is assuming there is a baseline.
Reich is also assuming that the baseline is healthy.

People that can afford to go to a sex clinic are a rare few in the world.

I do not find his work to be a reflection of the general public.

That being said.

@Meja

You did say

"And physiological responses, can you get similar responses elsewhere?
And we've all heard about how you can get hormones and serotonin from different sources. What would happen with bdsm, if we did? Im curious. "

We can get the same chemical hi by doing other things. Meth comes to mind.

But we choose BDSM.

For some their hi comes from being a parent or going to religious services.
For some, their hi is hate.

The chemical cascade is all similar.

And for the individual those things may supersede what BDSM has to offer.

For me, nothing else comes close.
Meja
Meja • Dec 22, 2018
I wonder just out of curiosity what would happen if someone had an accident, or other events that trigger the mind so that it's chemical changes and the person was into bdsm, or other highs, to be fair, and then if it went? That's a interesting study I'd like to investigate. And what to do to get it back as well.
And no as long as an individual is healthy generally I don't view any high nor bdsm as unhealthy. Just to have it clear. Or wrong for that sake. I think we pretty well know where the healthy limit is to abuse don't we. Another chapter might be how we avoid it.
That's an honest thing to be able to say no high comes close to it.
That said, when we can pick and choose highs, how do we separate the real from created high, how do we know it's from within ourselves and not just chemicals?
Again, no question is wrong, I'm just a scientist.