Online now
Online now

I'm curious so don't take this wrong

Freya369
5 years ago • Dec 22, 2018
Freya369 • Dec 22, 2018
All of this has become sheer nonsense.....so I shall go into my closet..wardrobe....and seek out ...a really unusual animal costume....which perhaps will lend me some significance. Time for a cocktail..pun intended.
Meja
5 years ago • Dec 23, 2018
Meja • Dec 23, 2018
I definitely not agree that chemicals are the self, but that were spiritual beings having a physical experience
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Dec 23, 2018
That surprises me that the scientist in you doesn't agree that the chemicals are the person.

Everything we do is initiated and sustained by chemicals in the brain.
Pleasure, love, hate.

A chemical imbalance causes mental illness.

Chemical dumps in the brain cause manifestations of anger with decreased ability to reason.

You can no more separate the person from the chemicals then the nerves from the brain.
Meja
Meja • Dec 23, 2018
No because I'm convinced about the soul. Not just chemical.
Cithaeria
Cithaeria • Dec 23, 2018
What about innate and learned behavior? In any present state, we are the sum of all of our experiences in life combined with who we are when we came into this world.
Whether or not bdsm is a high or not is really irrelevant. If you are trying to get at the “why” behind bdsm, I would say that each person can look back on a series of events that happened in their lifetime coupled with their unique personality traits and discern how they arrived here.
Meja
Meja • Dec 23, 2018
Chemicals, is just a body. It doesn't define a soul. I believe there are several parts, physical, mental, emotional and - spiritual - last - soul. Like these are energetic layers.
For sure it's fine to be atheist but I'm not.
I've seen a little too much for that.
So I can never just look at a body and go like, that's it. If it's determined we're just looking on the body here then yes. But I don't think it's the end of it.
Further if everything is created in the brain what are our actual lives worth then, no were more than that. I believe the soul utilise the body and mind. Like a computer.
If everything we do from there is only chemical, what is real then?
Doesn't it mean when we're completely balanced we are in a state of inner.. Well.. Bliss.. Peace.. Where does it end up then? Would we do the same thing? If everything is chemicals?

Same goes for innate and learned behaviour..

I want to emphasise nothing is wrong.