Online now
Online now

Read profiles Anyone?

Caged Sadist​(sadist male)
5 years ago • Jan 10, 2019

Read profiles Anyone?

Caged Sadist​(sadist male) • Jan 10, 2019
I ask this simple question because apparently it is not the case!
I mean how does one just simply message a rando and expect to get a response. I guess today's world is to fast paced for people to read or even fill out a profile. Another annoying side effect of today's world. We are all connected via the web but have little time to actually get to know one another. Also this ghosting is crazy i see people do it all the time. Like damn don't have the guts to tell someone gotta go just drop and run. Lmao...
Oh how fragile most are how do you all deal with it? I laugh cause I know that in the end their true colors come to light.
curiouskittyy​(sub female){GentlemanX}
I love this! These are some of my personal pet hates, but I really don’t see it improving any time soon. Online is fantastic for linking everyone around the world. We get to speak to people we probably would never have contact with without it. It is especially great in this lifestyle for finding a community, learning, or just chatting to like-minded others if you’re not feeling brave enough to jump straight in to your local community. Or if you don’t have access to a very lively local community.

Saying all that ...there are also a fair few negatives associated with online. Online allows for anonymity and so some people get ‘brave’ and can be rather rude. You can also pretend to be someone you’re not or leave easily when ‘shit gets real’. For me personally, I don’t see the point being here if you’re not willing to be completely honest. I mean that’s the whole point about this lifestyle right? Being able to find what you need without being judged for it.

I think that these problems will always be an issue online, but you have to take the good with the bad. There are many who do take the time to read and complete their profiles, who are honest, and turn out to be truly amazing and interesting people. Trusting someone over the internet takes a lot longer than it would someone local and though it sometimes fails, it is all completely worth it when you find those little gems.
    The most loved post in topic
Bohemian​(dom female)
Bohemian​(dom female) • Jan 10, 2019
Random messaging increases chances of finding someone. Hassle on your part, hopefulness on theirs.
Shiro​(sub female)
Shiro​(sub female) • Jan 10, 2019
I think they DO need to be discussed. A new sub or Dom on here might be learning the ins and outs of the site and not know the dynamic that causes these inevitable "insta" Doms and subs. A new sub new to the lifestyle and trying to learn will find a wealth of information, support, and friendship here. However, he/she might not know that dynamic exists here. There is SOOOO much to learn when it comes to sex, and this is a site dedicated to a lifestyle which more often than not includes a VERY advanced sex dynamic.

When I was young and a virgin, I thought I would marry the first person I had sex with. Bahahahaha. I was young, innocent, and clueless.
I wish I would have had someone empathizing and guiding me to make healthy sex/relationship decisions. Or at least to be a topic of discussion I could learn from.

So, I think we SHOULD care. I think we SHOULD discuss this. Anytime someone asks. It's the right thing to do.

The OP had an honest question. If you aren't willing to look out for fellow subs or answer questions objectively or courteously, please refrain from responding. We should be welcoming newbies, not making a rude first impression.

Have a blessed day!
Golden its not whether one cares it simply wanting to know how others see things. I am about knowledge i seek what i will never find because i always want to know more. So this is just a discussion to see others perspectives.
Boheimian you are correct it just amazes me how when asked did you read my profile? The response is generally the same No. So obviously i direct them to do so and Poof gone!
curiouskittyy​(sub female){GentlemanX}
5 years ago • Jan 11, 2019
I think that many seem to only care about 2 things when messaging another person.

1) Whether you are a Dom/me, switch or sub
2) Whether you are currently online

I think they then tend to send a generic copy and pasted message out to everyone online at that specific time ... to see if they can get a bite back. Although this can sometimes initiate communications and turn into a pleasant interaction, the majority of the time it tends to have a more negative effect on those they are messaging. I, personallly tend to ignore these types of messages and will only reply to messages that are personalised to me.

This may explain why when you redirected those people to your profile they vanished. Perhaps because they were embarrassed? Or maybe because they had received a more promising bite from someone else lol