Online now
Online now

What if your two worlds collide?

MasterBear​(other butch)
5 years ago • Jan 14, 2019
MasterBear​(other butch) • Jan 14, 2019
I'm out in all areas of my life. At my last job the team googled me before I could come out. Found my books. So they knew. Which just made my life easier.

BUT

A few years back I was a charge nurse on the medical/ surgical/oncology unit at the downtown hospital.

It wasnt uncommon that community folks were admitted to my floor.

I was outed once every few months by the patient or the community folks coming to see them.
These weren't newbies either.

I was outed by folks with decades of time in.

I was out at that job as BDSM only to a certain few that figured it out, or had questions. When 50 shades came out there were lots of questions.

At the time I didnt care.

Until it cost me my job.

In the past I've been fired for being gay. Patients families did not want me taking care of their family members.

"You dont fit the image our company strives for"

Blah blah blah.

Last time I was fired for being gay every eval was high marks until I was in the pride parade.

Subtle.

Here's the thing.

It's all a risk.
All that it really takes is one person in power to fuck over your life.

A boss, landlord, social worker, judge, even co worker with enough emotion, time, and knowledge to force you out of their space.

In Florida My love and I protested the LAW that made it illegal for same sex couples to rent one bedroom living spaces. Got it overturned.

My point is as long as their are ppl there will be a hierarchy in normal.

As I got older my " I dont give a fuck" took over.

But I am very lucky. My risks are nil in comparison to those who rent, have kids, or security clearances.

So, despite my freedom, I understand the neccessary closet that some are relegated to.