Online now
Online now

Being a feminist and a submissive female

LisaLix​(switch female)
5 years ago • Feb 4, 2019

Being a feminist and a submissive female

LisaLix​(switch female) • Feb 4, 2019
I consider myself to be a feminist. I am all about equal rights and against the exploitation of women. I have always hated the idea of the man expecting the women to have supper ready at 5 while looking like a pin up girl. But as I've grown I see it differently.

If a man expects me on my knees because I am a female and that's all I'm good for, then fuck you. But if he was a man of respect, pride and confidence....treated me as a person in life and protected, guided and honored me......I give him permission to be rough, I'll have supper ready, and try to be a good sub.

I'm just wondering how other female subs feel about maintaining feminist beliefs while enjoying being submissive.
    The most loved post in topic
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Feb 4, 2019
The two are not in conflict.

The essence of feminism is the ability for women to have choices.

If your CHOICE is to embrace your submission.

Then you are a feminist.
Kara​(sub female){Dark Roast}
I don’t have a problem. I am submissive to men who I am involved with. Anyone else gets told to use their entitlement as a butt plug.

I submit because I want to. I am a slave to a master by my choice. He knows that I do as I please as long as I please.

There’s no conflict with being a feminist. I am respected, treated as an equal, and loved. A secretary is not inferior to her boss, even if she works to make his life easier. Sometimes she’s more competent than him at doing things.
Jayy146​(sub female)
Jayy146​(sub female) • Feb 4, 2019
Love love love this forum I’m all about this. I’ve struggled with being both as well but realized that they can go hand in hand and I absolutely love being submissive. But I’m a huge feminist as well icon_smile.gif if anyone wants to message me and be my friend that would be cool I wanna talk to more sub females!
Asteria​(neither female)
Asteria​(neither female) • Feb 4, 2019
I am a submissive, yes. But - before that and anything else - I am a human being.

What I do is my choice (but also my responsibility). If I choose to kneel at a Dominant's feet, I do so because I want to, and because it was my own, independent decision, not because I feel worse or inferior. And definitely not because someone wants me to kneel.
AKittenforSir​(sub female){JohnBond}
I agree with your initial post 100%.

I hold a high level management position in which I have several male subordinates at work and I have no problem taking the lead when necessary. I worked twice as hard as any man would have to in order to get where I am in my career. I consider myself a feminist as well as an activist for all human rights.

But in a relationship, especially in the bedroom, I prefer to hand over complete control to my Sir. I know that it's in part because I'm tired of having to make all the tough decisions all day and I want to defer to someone else in my home life. But also, his dominance and my kneeling (literally or figuratively) is what gets my panties wet.

I love to take care of what I consider to be mine. I just prefer to care for my partner from the bottom. Maybe that means cooking him dinner, maybe it means trusting him to make the tough choices, maybe it means being a white round bum for him to whip... regardless, I enjoy it all.
Lotus​(sub female)
5 years ago • Feb 5, 2019
Lotus​(sub female) • Feb 5, 2019
I think in general feminism is often misunderstood. Being a feminist means to want equal choices and opportunities for women. Freedom to choose anything in life, including our sex life. I think if someone were to disagree with submission or to think that it in some way it is degrading or conflicting with feminist viewpoints, I would argue to say that their perspective of feminism is not fully evolved.

I am a feminist, as we all should be. I have a button I wear on my coat shaped like female reproductive system/ovaries that says “grow a pair”. lol.

Thanks for posting this, I have often wondered what others viewpoints were on the topic!
Kara​(sub female){Dark Roast}
Sayne wrote:
To be clear, I meant, how do you view my act of degradation from your feminist, in contrast to your submissive side?

You’ve just missed the whole point of this thread in my opinion. They’re not sides. This thread was about the possibility of both being together at the same time, whether you could be both.

I have read some really wonderful posts on how submission is a choice to have the freedom to find fulfillment and how some of us (myself included) have been able to yield control to men who respected us.

I look at what you do and shrug, actually. It’s more a reflection of you than on your partner, but it’s not like anyone is getting hurt or there’s lack of consent. Me (a feminist submissive ) just views it as not my thing.
Asteria​(neither female)
Asteria​(neither female) • Feb 5, 2019
@Sayne,

It is not about not having particular choices within the D/s dynamics - obviously that's something else, once we negotiated boundaries, limits and so on, it might look like submissive's choice is limited.

But then again, it is submissive's choice whether she (or he) agrees on that and whether she actually decides to submit. Submission should be an independent decision of a free willed individual.