Online now
Online now

Being a feminist and a submissive female

Fudbar​(dom male){❤️❤️❤️}
5 years ago • Feb 7, 2019
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Bodies,_Ourselves

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Edit: added comment.

Edit two for the unclear; every woman over the age of ten should read or be given a copy of that book.. that INFORMATION, yes, just the information was not available easily or at all pre 1970's. If you oppose feminism or abortion, justify that.

Last edited by * on Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total
Hawkeye
Hawkeye • Feb 7, 2019
I didn’t bring birth control into the topic. Elf did trying to use it as a scapegoat
Hawkeye
Hawkeye • Feb 7, 2019
As for changes to a woman’s body if women no longer get pregnant does that mean the end to obesity? No more wrinkles? No sagging breast? Or whatever else you would like to blame on someone else?
Asteria​(neither female)
Asteria​(neither female) • Feb 7, 2019
You know guys, sometimes discussions like that - particularly about "politicised feminism" - make me squirm a bit. Of course the subject and whole discussion is valid, important and so on, but...

The whole idea of feminism is not about proving that someone is wrong, not about the fight between man and woman. At least, for me it is not. I think it is mostly about having choice. And sometimes, in some places, that choice - or rather lack of it - is pretty dramatic.

Did you know that in Saudi Arabia women were allowed to have a driving license only last year, in 2018? But they still cannot have bank accounts, for example. They still cannot travel alone - actually have you ever heard about Absher? No? Here is some information: https://www.thisisinsider.com/absher-saudi-website-men-control-women-stop-escape-2019-1

Did you know that in Poland, in 2018 11-year-old girl had to give a birth to a child conceived as a result of rape?
Or that in 2014 (if I'm not mistaken) a woman was forced (yes, forced) in a hospital to give birth to a child in a dramatic state - with hydrocephaly, non existent half of skull and many other. The child had no chance to survive, but Polish law accepts situations where a doctor uses so called "conscience clause". Delivery was dangerous for that woman, but she had no choice - the whole case was pretty complicated. Here, you might read a bit more about the case:
https://world.wng.org/2014/08/the_doctor_who_refused_to_abort
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/polish-doctor-fired-for-refusing-to-allow-woman-have-abortion-1.1861745

Now, those examples are rather extreme, but I think they show pretty well why the idea of feminism (feminism, not distorted version of it that is being used for purpose of discounting it) is important and necessary. Sure, we can discuss it, but please keep in mind that we do that probably none of us has ever faced situation like those in my examples.
Hawkeye
Hawkeye • Feb 7, 2019
@ Astoria

Your assumption that people here have not faced these situations is incorrect

As for the child born as the result of rape. What did the child do to deserve the death penalty? The attacker yes, but the child?

What a sad world it will be when doctors no longer have a conscience Think about the repercussions.

Also I did not say that abortion should never be an option only that it doesn’t change what it is. The death of a child. Using the excuse of a changing body to justify murder is not only not acceptable it’s unconscionable.
Asteria​(neither female)
@ Hawkeye

Have you ever been in one of mentioned situations? Seriously?

What this poor 11-year-old girl did? Hm? Have you thought about her? She's a child as well.

Now, tell me what conscience tells you about pain and suffering of that little girl or a mother who had to look at agony of her distorted, tortured newborn? I am far from saying that abortion is good. It is never a good choice, but sometimes it is painful necessity.
Have you ever though what a woman, who is told at the beginning of her pregnancy that she will probably die during delivery, might feel during those nine months?

Do you need to ask for money to buy basic things as do have women in Saudi Arabia? Or maybe you're not allowed to travel anywhere without asking your protector? Maybe you should share your experiences in those areas?

It is so easy to judge people for choices they were not allowed to have...
the elf
the elf • Feb 7, 2019
Hawkeye wrote:
I didn’t bring birth control into the topic. Elf did trying to use it as a scapegoat

... blaming a woman instead of "walking away"? icon_wink.gif
Asteria​(neither female)
ps. Maybe feminism (but not only!) is simply about having a choice to make a decision in harmony with your own conscience, not with someone else's conscience, who forced you to make a particular decision?
curiouskittyy​(sub female){GentlemanX}
I agree Ast.

I don’t think abortion is good either but unfortunately is a necessity in certain situations. Like what If the mother has cancer? Or what If the future child were to have some serious issues that will have a significant negative impact on their quality of life.

Women have a right over their bodies just as much as men do and fetuses are part of the woman’s body. Men don’t have this issue because they don’t carry children. Therefore, it is their fundamental right to decide what they think is best in their own circumstances. I don’t think it’s doctors having no conscious .. abortions took place illegally before and many died from infections or suffered greatly because of this.

Also, Embryos and fetuses are not independent, self-determining beings, and abortion is the termination of a pregnancy, not a baby. A person's age is calculated from birth date, not conception, and fetuses are not counted in the National Census. Therefore, as I said before, it’s not technically murder.
ropefish
ropefish • Feb 7, 2019
*pokes head around the door timidly*

Um, guys.... this conversation is really off topic..... and it's not even kink related...... and, I mean, no one's mind is going to change right? What exactly is the point in having this debate here?