Online now
Online now

Just curious

AKittenforSir​(sub female){JohnBond}
5 years ago • Feb 24, 2019

Re: Just curious

Barbie girl wrote:
Why everyone hesitate to agree they are a dom or sub in public/workplaces?

I would hesitate to announce to my staff that I am a submissive because as the office manager they are my subordinates. I wouldn’t want the title of “submissive” to imply to them that I will kneel (even figuratively) to their commands.

Also, this is a day in age where feminism is defined as “women being equal to men in ALL areas” and instead of viewing my submission as a brave beautiful choice from an independent woman, most would view it as me being a part of what they believe to be the problem.
ropefish
5 years ago • Feb 25, 2019
ropefish • Feb 25, 2019
xD So fun fact, just ended up telling my new boss that I'm into bdsm today. She was completely chill about it, and interested, and told me kink is something she'd been interested in trying out herself.

There were also people at my last job who knew, and it was the same there. They were curious, asked some questions, I would explain the nature of my dynamics (no explicit details necessary), and they were respectful and interested. I didn't get fired, I didn't get weird looks, no negative consequences whatsoever. I'm not recommending anyone else do this, of course; I know not everyone would have the same positive results that I had. This is just a PSA that it *is* possible to be out and still be treated with respect by others.