Online now
Online now

What does high protocol mean to you?

MasterBear​(other butch)
5 years ago • Mar 5, 2019
MasterBear​(other butch) • Mar 5, 2019
I view high protocol as no speaking, disappear into the back ground, anticipate needs, make no noise, serve but do not interfere, remove the self, show deference and respect at all times , dont touch, eyes down, know what needs to be done and do it without bringing attention to it...
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
5 years ago • Mar 5, 2019
opps I didnt write in what we do ...
My high protocols are very similar to MasterBears. A few more we do are no speaking unless spoken too . Full titles on reply 100% manners and etiquette. No furniture use. Requests for anything self related but asked when addressed. Never turning there back to me. They also have certain postilions and posturing they need remain in when not in "use" as set out by each ones protocols (and contract that states high and low protocols, when and where to use them) Each also have rituals they are to perform.
EvelynNyte​(switch trans woman)
5 years ago • Mar 24, 2019
When I think high protocol, I think having most interactions being very regimented. There's a defined place and way for one to stand, how exactly one interacts in conversations, when and how one is allowed to broach subjects/issues, where and when one sits, when, where, and how one provides services etc. There's no universal set and the line between just "protocol" and "high protocol" are going to be subjective. There could be parties/communities that expect everyone to hold to it or it might just be how a strict relationship is defined between two people although not necessarily all the time.

I've never really had to hold to strict protocols except maybe at some parties (but I wouldn't call it "high protocol"). Even in relationships that were decidedly slavely, I didn't really have them although not for being against it. I strictly had to always be respectful, but not in such a regimented way that I would call even protocol. From what I can tell, it's a lot of work for everyone involved to keep it up.
Byrdie​(switch female){rl only}
5 years ago • Mar 31, 2019
If protocol is simply adapting to one's environment in a socially acceptable manner - and transitioning one's behavior between environments is "code switching" - then to me "high protocol" would be switching ones behavior under stricter rules within the same environment.

Thing is, this varies. Depending on the region, "house", or event, high protocol could be based in the etiquette of:

* a particular country's military
* gay leather (possibly related to the above)
* Victorian era England
* a particular country's diplomatic corps
* a combination of some or all of the above
* something from a particular book (Gor, The Marketplace, etc) or non-fiction D/s manual
* host's rules (varies)

And it seems to vary depending on what is important to the person who is making the rules. Some people may require kneeling, some people may find it silly. Some people may require titles, and some people may roll their eyes at them. Etc.

The only time I've experienced high protocol behavior is at an event, so I tend to think of it as a master or host showing off how well behaved their attendant(s) are.