Online now
Online now

Getting your Sub a surprise Tattoo

Wickedmisery​(dom male)
5 years ago • Mar 7, 2019

Getting your Sub a surprise Tattoo

Wickedmisery​(dom male) • Mar 7, 2019
So my wife has been expressing interest in wanting a tattoo of Mushu (A Disney dragon from the cartoon movie Mulan) tattooed on the back of her neck. I have been thinking here lately about surprising her and taking her to have it done on one of our 'Date Nights'.

Whats everyone's thoughts on this, like I said she has shown interest on it for a long time & it will be her first tattoo, nothing real big or elaborate. Just something really cute and not noticeable unless she has her hair up.
    The most loved post in topic
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Mar 7, 2019
Getting a tattoo is a huge thing, because its for life, so not to be entered into lightly. Yes there is the option of a cover up after the fact or laser removal, but I don't think something like this should be sprung on anyone as a surprise. You say she has expressed an interest but I would discuss it more, get definite 100% enthusiastic consent for it and go from there. Finding herself infront of a tattoo studio and maybe feeling pressure, by being there, to say yes, isn't I think the best idea.
Miki
Miki • Mar 7, 2019
If she has wanted it a long time, surprising her by bringing her to a parlor who will do the work is not all that bad an idea. (Coming from someone with zero tattoos and zero plans of ever getting one) Not a bad idea if the choice is ultimately hers, meaning if you take her there and she has reservations about it at the front door or whatever, and sub or not, she's free to leave without it that is.There are doms who make or at least expect their subs to get one as some sort of "branding", that's a different story. That sort of shit I'd vigorously rail against.

Depending on how old and/or mature one is, the decision to acquire body art is usually well-informed and contemplated. Teens to early 20s not so much.

Consider the multiple poor bastards walking around with their long-gone first love's name (or ex wife/husband after a particularly acrimonious divorce) stamped on his or her ass... (not usually but I'm sure there's someone out there in that situation) But a tattoo of a cartoon character or whatever doesn't usually come up and haunt the recipient quite so badly as having the name of someone they'd much rather forget etched onto their bods.

But I digress. All this is my usual windy way of saying if she's all-in when you bring her, or discuss bringing her there -- where the surprise is that you're bringing her and I will assume paying for the artwork-- then it's a nice idea.

NOTE: ----I did read the above post and perhaps I'm in the minority, but no sub should ever feel as though he or she is actual property of the dom. Limits and all that.. If I were a sub those would be hard limits. Don't expect me to feel as though I have to allow anyone to scribble on or punch holes in me. While there are those subs who cannot help but want to be property-- if your wife is one of those then it's not a great idea. But if she is free to have a sense of self, or rather feels as though limits do not reduce her 'qualifications" as a sub then you're golden. You know your relationship better than I ever could so all this crap I'm writing is my 2 cents/humble opinion. Apply salt as needed.----
Wickedmisery​(dom male)
Oh no. We found an extremely reputable shop already, we have already been to multiple times as she has had a couple piercings done and they have always been extremely sanitary, professional, and comforting. Let me be perfectly clear on one thing...

-- I DO NOT FORCE HER TO DO ANYTHING! --

If at ANY point in time, what we are doing makes her uncomfortable, uneasy, or so much as provokes an 'Yeah... I don't know about this..." and she chooses to second guess the situation, or I sense any kind of hesitation. I hard stop immediately until she is fully comfortable and ready to proceed. If she's never ready, then she's never ready.

Like I said, she has talked about wanting one for YEARS, ever since I have known her for almost 20years now, I know exactly from what scene of the movie, the placement, and exactly how big she wants it.

It won't have my name or anything like that on it.
HuntertheYeenQueen​(dom femme){Allie Kat}
My husband bought me my first tattoo for my birthday. I didn't get it done /that day/, as the shop we went to was always swamped (The best place around for miles), but we made my appointment and a week or two later, I don't quite remember, I had my tattoo finally done.

As long as she knows /for sure/ she wants it? Which, it sounds like she does. I say go for it. I had been wanting my tattoo for 12+ years, only reason it hadn't been done was because I didn't make enough money, and I didn't want to use any of the money we use for bills for something "selfish". So he knew it was desired.
AKittenforSir​(sub female){JohnBond}
After all your years together I’m sure you know her well enough to know if she really wants to have the tattoo done or if it’s just something she’d theoretically like.

If the answer is that she really wants to have it done, then yes! Surprise her! It’s a fun and creative date night idea and you can be there for her while she permanently marks herself. She’ll love to know that you’ve listened to her over the years when she talked about wanting it, that you put in effort to find a trustworthy artist and made her an appointment, and that you’re willing to sit and hold her hand while she does something that’s a little bit scary.
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Mar 7, 2019
I love the idea!!!

For our 10th anniversary I had my loves name tattooed on my back.

It was a total shock to her!!!

It really made that anniversary special.
Wickedmisery​(dom male)
I asked her.... here is the convo just now:

Me: Babygirl?

Her: Yes baby?

Me: I need to ask you a question. Although I am sure you would be fine with it, for my own peace of mind, I need to know. If I were to take you in to have a surprise tattoo done, would you be ok with it?

Her: Yes baby I trust you

Me: Are you absolutely positive?

Her: Yes....I don't think you would put anything vulgar on me or something on me like what ppl do on that MTV show does... lol.... yes I trust you

So yeah... I think it would be ok. He's a really cute dragon after all. Just Google "Mushu"
Catch me if you can​(sub female)
My husband bought all 3 of my tattoo' s as birthday presents. I had expressed that's what I wanted prior to as he would never make me do anything I didn't want. I love all 3. As long as it's not forced and she knows that, and that she can change her mind at any point I don't see why not. This is only my opinion though.
Catch me if you can​(sub female)
Where I got mine done they 'print it' onto the skin 1st transfer style (this can b washed off, it's like the tattoo'ist colours in the pic if you know what I mean). There was lots of checking at this stage to make sure you definitely want it/ like it / position is correct etc b4 made permanent anyway.