Online now
Online now

Just clearing the air...

DrWakko
6 years ago • Apr 26, 2017

Just clearing the air...

DrWakko • Apr 26, 2017
I keep reading peoples profiles and a common comment I find is "nothing illegal". The majority of stuff we do is considered illegal. Most states say that you can not consent to assault and I'm sure other countries have similar laws on the books.

With that being said, every time you do a scene with someone you need to understand the risks you are getting yourself into. If a bottom screams to loud and the neighbors call the cops then you need to know how to handle the situation. Some cities will automatically arrest for assault, others may give warning.

Check with your local community and find out when they are doing BDSM and the law classes. Most major cities will hold classes like this from time to time.

Be safe and have fun.

Happy Kinking

DW
Conquest​(switch male)
Conquest​(switch male) • Apr 26, 2017
I was unaware that was considered assault, I shall be quite careful when going through any similar scenarios.
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Apr 26, 2017
As we likely all know, consent is not enough. Whether or not what you do is legal or not will vary considerably from region to region, country to country. And even if it is technically considered illegal (say like buying a vibrator in Sandy Springs, Georgia http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05/30/the-town-where-your-sex-toy-could-land-you-in-jail.html) the likelihood of prosecution ever taking place can be negligible. The best thing we can do is be informed and in that regard I highly recommend familiarizing yourself with The National Coalition For Sexual Freedom (https://www.ncsfreedom.org/), an advocacy group for sexual freedom and privacy rights. They have some fantastic resources including a kink aware professionals directory (therapists, lawyers, etc.). This is an american organization but much of the info is useful regardless of where you live. If anyone else has other resources they wish to share I'd love to hear about them.
Paige_LaMarchand​(sub female)
6 years ago • Apr 27, 2017
Conquest wrote:
I was unaware that was considered assault, I shall be quite careful when going through any similar scenarios.

It is, indeed. In some places you can't consent to being restrained to a particular degree. Or sustaining bruises or other marks.

Whether or not a person is arrested or prosecuted is at the discretion of the officers and attorneys involved. If someone is determined to 'save the wimmins!' from themselves and the clearly abusive man--even if the woman swears she consented--the law is on their side.

Hospitals are legally required to report anything that *looks* like domestic abuse--even if the people come in for something else.

It just depends on who you get showing up because the neighbours complain or someone sees something they shouldn't. But people can lose their jobs* or have their kids taken away because the laws is back assward on what consenting adults do.

*Certain jobs have 'morality clauses' (because BDSM is immoral, donchaknow)--gay people used to fall under this immoral umbrella, as well--and people can be fired if they are deemed to be participating in immoral activity. Teachers and people in the medical profession are two examples.
    The most loved post in topic