Online now
Online now

Personality tests?

IowaDom​(dom male)
3 years ago • Apr 23, 2020

Personality tests?

IowaDom​(dom male) • Apr 23, 2020
So the more it time I spend online the more I see people listing what personality type they are with these cute little code letters. So finally I decided to take a test and it seems my type is ENFJ.

So my question is two part....

1. . Do you put any faith in these type of Test?
2. . For those of you that know me would you agree with that rating?

Lastly let's have some Fun with it take you test and post your results here
LilAmethyst​(sub female){DaddyDrago}
For me personally learning that I am an INFJ was such a huge eye opener and relief of sorts. Like SOMEONE FINALLY understands me. 😆For roughly 40 yrs of my existence I walked thru life NEVER feeling understood. So when I actually read the description of the INFJ it felt as though someone was writing a book about me....I actually broke down in tears because for the first time EVER I felt "seen". It felt so empowering to finally better understand myself because for an INFJ we are really good at knowing others and not so good at knowing ourselves. It would be safe to say that it helped to show me myself and see the areas that I was being given the opportunity to work on within myself. The areas of growth if you will.

It also helped me to learn the type of partner that was more of an ideal fit for me. Especially after having my fair share of failed relationships. Which later I discovered for ME was due to the fact they all has an S in place of the N in their personality type.(ESTJ) That one letter alone for ME makes all the difference in the world. Because from MY experience an S is too surface based for my N(depth). I NEED depth or it just plain feels hollow.

Bear in mind this is only MY personal experience and perspective. Everyone's mileage will vary. 😉

Unfortunately I don't really know you to be able to answer if "I" feel that ENFJ fits you.
The question I would encourage you to ask yourself is when you read thru the description did it feel in your body as though it resonated with who you are? Were you able to see yourself in the description? IMHO its not really for anyone else to answer but yourself.
subwifemom
subwifemom • Apr 23, 2020
Do you have a link to this test. can you post it. Also if there are any other I shold take a loot at
@subwifemom,

My suggestion would be to just Google "free online personality tests".

The most common one that I know of being 16personalities. However I know that there's other ones though too. Happy googling. 😉
Little moon​(sub female){Not lookin}
I totally agree that it felt like I was actually seeing me for the first time and understanding a lot of thing more clearly. I tend to find these types of things fairly accurate and a good indicator but by no means a final deciding factor in decisions at all.
@ LilAmethyst I, an INFJ too icon_smile.gif

https://www.crystalknows.com/myers-briggs/infj
Little moon​(sub female){Not lookin}
@LilAmethyst I can indeed and it also explains why I vibe with your/his blogs so much icon_smile.gif icon_biggrin.gif I haven't really participated in many but that's cause of my energy being sapped and recalibrating 😕 O.o You two are gorgeous though and a perfect example of why the personality tests are valuable as well haha

@IowaDom case in point-Check!
Lexxa​(sub female)
Lexxa​(sub female) • Apr 23, 2020
I too am an INFJ hahaha. Subby trend perhaps? I originally took the test as part of work. I used to work in a public facing role in the federal government and understanding the different personality types along with different communications styles was part of our ongoing training in order to help us be better communicators. Understanding our own personality types and communication styles also helped us better understand why certain personalities and styles got under our skin more than others. I found it to be incredibly helpful to have this knowledge and other jobs I've had since then have also touched on these as well.

Since communication is such a huge component to BDSM and BDSM relationships, I've found it to also be helpful when it comes to screening potential play partners and potential long term partners. A few years ago I had spent 10 years in a bleh vanilla relationship. It ultimately crumbled because our communication styles, personalities and life goals/aspirations just didn't match up. They were an ISTP which is a known challenging opposite to my personality type. Had I had the insight I do now into the variances of personality types I likely would've ended that relationship much, much sooner than I did since ultimately we were both unhappy for a long period of time.

I find the personality traits to be accurate as well. INFJ's are the most likely to stay in college and have the highest GPA among the other personality types. ISTP's are the most likely of the traits to not finish college. I graduated from college cum laude, he didn't even finish high school. INFJ's are commonly found in careers in the arts, my degree is in film and animation production/advertising design. INFJ's are also well known to be submissive on personality trait scales, go figure haha.

So, overall, I do highly recommend taking the time to take the Myers-Briggs personality test. It has given me so much useful insight into myself and into others.
    The most loved post in topic
subwifemom
subwifemom • Apr 23, 2020
Ok looks thike I may be an ENFP. I read it and I would say alot of it is spot on. I belive there is a little off about me so I may try again when I have more of a clear mind. Thanks for this I am happy I have done this and looked into it.
@ subwifemom bear in mind that not "every" single thing may necessarily resonate with you in regards to your test results. 😉 But as long as the majority of it does thats what matters....at least in my opinion. 💗