Online now
Online now

Defining sex

MasterBear​(other butch)
4 years ago • Jul 29, 2019

Defining sex

MasterBear​(other butch) • Jul 29, 2019
Hello All,

A recent blog was posted asking about definitions of sex.

\ ˈseks \
Definition of sex (Entry 1 of 2)
1a : either of the two major forms of individuals that occur in many species and that are distinguished respectively as female or male especially on the basis of their reproductive organs and structures
In the past, couples could hold fast to their dreams about their baby's sex until the moment of truth in the delivery room.
— Jacquelyn Mitchard
b : the sum of the structural, functional, and sometimes behavioral characteristics of organisms that distinguish males and females
Doctors can alter the physical characteristics of sex, but bodily sex does not determine gender.
— Dinitia Smith 1 day ago

My point was part b regarding orgasms.

That being said.

Sex is not defined strictly by penetration. As --- that would categorize rape and masturbation as sex.

It can be however - defined by orgasm.

Which begs the questions

1) how do you define sex?
2) if you come and your partner doesnt does that mean you had sex and they didnt?
Shiro​(sub female)
4 years ago • Jul 29, 2019
Shiro​(sub female) • Jul 29, 2019
The second answer: I would say that happens to a lot of couples a lot of the time (one coming and one not) and so it's still sex.

But I don't know how to answer the first one at all, lol. My knee-jerk reaction is to say anything that could make offspring would be sex, but I am way more open-minded than that.

Good questions!
sweet november​(sub female)
4 years ago • Jul 30, 2019
Part B is about organisms not orgasms.

So.... that may be the confusion.

However, sex as in an act, well, does one need penetration to have sex? Does penetration result in an orgasm?
Do you have to have either or for it to be sex?

What about the ads on tv to call a sex line? They use the word sex.

I would rather have a deep feeling and orgasm and know I'm fulfilling my partner than just be penetrated watching tv waiting for it to get over with...to be crude.

So, I think it's a huge part of what each individual and dynamic needs/ wants/ desires.

(By the way, nobody should be blocked then called names on a blog.)

Glad you brought this subject up in forum.
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Jul 30, 2019
OMG!!!!

HAHAHA!!!

WOW!!

This is too funny! When I read this I really thought it said orgasm. And I thought how advanced of the dictionary!
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Jul 30, 2019
Sweet november!

Right !!!

However.

I think mistake aside.
What constitutes sex for you?
I have a rule at the monthly play parties that reads "no sex".
I get asked pretty much monthly to define sex.

My answer is- i dont want to clean up after your jizz. So however we can make that happen.
Miss Tam​(dom female)
Miss Tam​(dom female) • Jul 30, 2019
I heard a very interesting definition of INTERCOURSE recently. Perhaps this is the word we should use. Intercourse is said to be the stimulation of the genitalia of another. This is a useful definition for women and male bottoms since it is possible to penetrate without providing stimulation to genitalia.
AKittenforSir​(sub female){JohnBond}
“Sex” to me is a much broader term than it appears that others seem to perceive it. It looks like many are narrowing the scope of what they define as sex while I am broadening it the more I think on it.

I look at it in terms of what would I tell my children that sex is. I want them to be safe and take necessary precautions rather than look for loopholes and say “well this isn't really sex so it’s fine.”

Also, with gender fluidity and sexual orientations being so diverse, I wouldn’t want to tell any couple that the intimate act that they partake in isn’t sex. For example, if a woman uses a strap-on with her female partner, would only the receiver be having sex? Or neither of them? If that’s their standard practice and they consider it sex, then to me it’s sex.
    The most loved post in topic