Online now
Online now

Kinky Christian?

Just Jessy​(switch gender queer){Owned}
4 years ago • May 26, 2019

Kinky Christian?

I’m a Christian. I’m also kinky. I surely can’t be the only one. Someone tried to tell me today that you can’t be both because BDSM is sinful. I disagree. In my opinion, as long as it’s one man and one woman, they’re married, and everything is consensual, everything should be fine. My religious kinksters our there (I know you exist), have you found ANYTHING that speaks against BDSM? Because I sure haven’t. The way I described it, I feel it it perfectly within any parameters set forth in the Bible. What do you guys think about that? I have not read the entire Bible, but I don’t think this is a sexually immoral act. It’s spicing things up and giving over control. In fact, I think the power exchange dynamic reflects the bride and groom analogy in the Bible very well. We as Christians are supposed to submit our lives to God and give over complete control. Sound familiar? Yeah, just like BDSM! So what are y’all’s opinions?
Azzabackam​(switch male){PawPawGirl}
I'm not religious, but I have quite the interest in theology. Like you said, not only is there ziltch in pretty much any translation of the Abrahamic texts that condemns the lifestyle, if anything the Bible actively supports a dynamic where a sub wife submits to a Dom husband.

One could make the argument that femdom goes against the command of "Wives, submit unto your husbands." However that wording is pretty vague. I'd make the argument that, in a way, a Domme "submits" by providing their sub with what he needs. It's just 'submission' in a metaphorical sense, not a literal one.

Rambling debates aside, you're dead on. Christians, including almost every denomination, can practice BDSM no problem.
Usemeasyouseefit​(sub male)
Well i more than likely have you beat my along shot. Not a competition but you really shouldn’t worry because every Sunday I go to church because I’ve became a lay liturgist... “reads lessons/shares the ghossip in front of everyone while wearing the outfit. Maybe at first I was concerned but I honestly thought about it couldn’t be that bad since I’m not doing bad things.
CrimsonPaw
CrimsonPaw • May 26, 2019
Hello! When I first joined I kept my faith a secret as I figured I'd be the only one! After getting to know others, I've realized there are many Christians on site.
SoulKiss84​(switch female)
SoulKiss84​(switch female) • May 26, 2019
I am a Christian as well. Just as Azza said, I don’t feel that my desire and need for submission goes against my faith at all in the way I would like to give it. It is purely a personal choice and I am following my own heart. The Bible says in Ephesians 5:22 that the man is the head of the household and for men to love their wives and give up their lives for her. To love her as he loves his own self. 1 Corinthians 7:1-9 says for husbands and wives to submit to each other. Colossians 3:18 says for wives to submit to their husbands but for him not to be harsh to her. I could go on and on. “A good woman is worth more than rubies”. I am a believer in men and women having their own strengths as being separate yet coming together as one creates a balance.
    The most loved post in topic
almostpeachy​(sub female)
4 years ago • Jun 1, 2019
almostpeachy​(sub female) • Jun 1, 2019
Christian sub here. I had a hard time finding my place in the lifestyle because I was pretty against having sex before marriage(I'm divorced). I met a few Dom's that were completely okay with that but said they were unsure what I needed because I seemed to have everything under control. I've since met my boyfriend and introduced him to BDSM and he has a somewhat dominant natural personality. Nothing other than sex before marriage(which is a choice) would be against the Bible.
Shiro​(sub female)
Shiro​(sub female) • Jun 1, 2019
Romans 13:8 ( I don't have my bible in front of me forgive me for any errors)

Of all of the commandments, the most important is love. Love your brother as you love yourself. Love can do no harm to it's neighbor, therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

This means don't follow what 'people' think is sin.

Collosians 2:13-14

Having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.

I've read the entire bible under prayer that I would understand. There's a lot of bullshit interpolations in the bible.

Love is love no matter the form it takes, if you act with love, you are satisfying God.
Nowhere in the New Testament does it say though shalt not enjoy sex. It actually states here through Colossians that the Ten Commandments are null and void.

I might get some flack for this, but this is the truth.
The people who are so concerned with what you're doing that they have to tell you that you're living in sin; well they need to look at their own soul, God doesn't like it when people do that. He wants you to work on being the best loving you, and that doesn't mean pointing out people's sin.

Sin is sin. We all do it. There's no way around that.

It's the grace we live under Jesus Christ that gives us our path to God.

Here's something: Go back to this person with these two scriptures and tell them and explain to them that you believe differently. Ask them to name what books the scriptures are in. Before you listen to anyone make damn sure they know their shit. The majority of evangelical Christians are misled.

And for fuck's sake science is the truth.

Love is all that matters. Live your life with love, and Christ (God) lives inside of you. No need for eternal damnation talk and fear mongering. That's not the way. Just know who you are.

Thank you very much for bringing up this topic. Stick to your guns. You're every bit as much deserving of God's love as every other person, including the one in question.

Edit: BDSM literally came from the Abrahamic religions. Remember that as well.
MasterBrads painpet​(sub female){OWNED}
I'm a Christian and brought up in a family where religion was very important. Yet I'm thankful my parents taught us free will. I'm snipe and free spirited person. No where in the Bible does it say BDSM is a sin. One thing I know what goes on in your life is among 3, you, your partner and God. Only you can atone to what you do in your life. No one on earth can tell you are wrong. There's only one God or your higher power. Those who judge or have prejudices against what you do don't listen to them. If you didn't have free will we would be zombies. We would all be the same. Free will allows us to follow our hearts. Follow your heart and know on your judgement day it's you and no one else who will be there.
Miki
4 years ago • Jun 2, 2019
Miki • Jun 2, 2019
Truth be told there is a conflict with many sexual activities and Scripture. I'm Christian as well and it's a source of conflict for me also... Perhaps it is why I stay on the shelf for extended periods of time. But I am also "burdened" with an over-powered sex drive and it gets to the point that "I simply need doing".

Comfort can be taken in the fact that no genuine Christian claims to be sinless. Recall the passage "For all have sinned and fallen short of the Grace of God". All.. That means people, preachers, and especially politicians who use Bibles as pedestals to step to the bully-pulpit and preach their way to the ballot box.

I won't be "hot-wired" like this my entire life. When the burden of an overpowering sex drive goes away I'll stop, but that will be what I decide for myself, not used to judge others.

Don't forget another Bible passage where Paul referred to sinners "of whom I am chief".

License to be licentious no ---but rather, proof that one Christian is out-of-line to criticize another.