Online now
Online now

Kinky Christian?

Sasa​(dom female)
3 years ago • Jul 15, 2020
Sasa​(dom female) • Jul 15, 2020
If you post this question on a kinky community you will always find the absolution you are looking for. If this to find like minded people, ok. The truth is only between your owns ears.

If you would post this into other religous groups no matter what bible quotes come up, they wouldn't be happy. The answer could be more like an excommunication.

I don't care, but I can assure you that we all go to hell in many religions... depends on whom you'll ask.
Sweet T
Sweet T • Jul 15, 2020
Several things come to mind...

Fornication in a non marital situation.

Lust.

And what about sparing the rod and spoiling the child. Where does that end? @ wife's rear end?
SirJLyle

The heart of Christianity: Love. Love thy neighbor as you lo

SirJLyle • Jul 15, 2020
I hold with the post by Shiro above. If D/s and BDSM are done between consenting adults in a spirit of love, it's all good. The danger to our community and to individuals within (especially subs) is that there are predators here that are anything but Christian, do not have love in their hearts, only greed and selfishness. That's true in the vanilla world, of course, but the longing for submission makes a sub particularly vulnerable to falsehoods and lies. If your Dom tells you they submit to a higher power (Christian or other), that's a good start. A dom who submits to a higher power, and to love, will be more likely to be sensitive, loving, caring, nurturing, and protective of his partner's physical and spiritual well-being . . . the Golden Rule.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Jul 15, 2020
Regarding bdsm and Christianity, some aspects of Ds are compatible, and some Christians follow the 'taken in hand', 'submissive wife' model (but strongly distance those practices from kink/bdsm), but outside that, much kink is not compatible, if not down right condemned, hated and vilified.

I am poly, pan sexual, kinky and that right there means I am screwed in the light of orthodox christian theology. I don't view my sexuality as sinful, nor do I see trans, gay, bi people or ethical, consent based kink as sinful, but my belief in my lifestyle and those I mention doesn't matter a damn as unfortunately most Christian conservative, charismatic, Catholic, Orthodox denominations (excluding some pockets of acceptance of LGBTQ+ lifestyles by some Anglicans, Unitarians and related liberal Christian groups) strongly believe that all LGBTQ+ and kinksters are sinners and beyond the pale. I had written a blog awhile back, not published, where I describe coming out as queer and LGBTQ+ to a doorstep conservative evangelist. Once I stated that and my views, he turned around in disgust and left my property.

I think the church still has a very long way to go to accept and 'affirm' LGBTQ+ people, and Conservatives never will, they can't without shifting to a more liberal view, as they will argue the divine authority of scripture has strong sanctions against those lifestyles, and while kink isn't mentioned specifically, the conservative view for kink is pretty much the same as for LGBTQ+ folks, among whom I include myself, and that is we are not accepted or affirmed, and only wanted, so we can be converted to a conservative non kink, non LGBTQ+ existence - neither of which is possible, or desirable.

So are there kinky Christians? Yes, but they are not that common, and may well be very underground re their kink because to be out within their faith groups, particularly if Conservative would be extremely difficult.
HesitantlyCurious​(sub female)
3 years ago • Jul 19, 2020
This discussion is amazing. I’ve been looking for a post like this as I’m devoutly Christian but also discovering that I’m not 100% vanilla. I have been going back and forth with feeling guilty and wondering if I can be both. After reading a lot of your comments, I feel reassured that I’m okay.
sroc
3 years ago • Jul 20, 2020
sroc • Jul 20, 2020
Hi, I too am a Christian ( Catholic), and do struggle w. this. In todays world many are not married, so I don't know, I am not married. But if married then for sure I do not see any problems myself, but that is my opinion. I am friends w. a priest & he knows some of what I do.

It is difficult in todays society as views change. I don't have a for sure answer.
EclecticRhetoric​(dom male)
Hello hesitantly

We are all created equally different in our own ways and don’t let anyone make you feel less than who you are. You can be Christian and still have interest in bdsm. I fact the culture aligns with Christianity in regards to the woman submitting wholefully to the man
LordofPain56
LordofPain56 • Jul 20, 2020
dollMaker wrote:
Regarding bdsm and Christianity, some aspects of Ds are compatible, and some Christians follow the 'taken in hand', 'submissive wife' model (but strongly distance those practices from kink/bdsm), but outside that, much kink is not compatible, if not down right condemned, hated and vilified.

I agree that TIH and CDD types are acceptable (perhaps in some Christian churches are practiced by the majority), but I disagree that kink is incompatible with Christianity. If two people engage in kink out of love for each other, it fulfills the second tablet of stone (which collectively means to love one another).

dollMaker wrote:
I think the church still has a very long way to go to accept and 'affirm' LGBTQ+ people, and Conservatives never will, they can't without shifting to a more liberal view, as they will argue the divine authority of scripture has strong sanctions against those lifestyles, and while kink isn't mentioned specifically, the conservative view for kink is pretty much the same as for LGBTQ+ folks, among whom I include myself, and that is we are not accepted or affirmed, and only wanted, so we can be converted to a conservative non kink, non LGBTQ+ existence - neither of which is possible, or desirable.

I agree that the orthodox Bible Christian churches will never liberalize their doctrines. They shouldn't. Their doctrines are based upon the Bible (the Word of God), and not mans liberal interpretation. There is a reason for everything in the Bible and they will not think to change Gods Laws. I also agree that they want you to become a church member so they can convert you into a pure Bible Christian. They do see you as a sinner, but the hypocrites conveniently forget that "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". Everyone on earth is a sinner. In the eyes of God, one sin is as bad as any other. He has no discrimination. BTW, there are many protestant denominations in the last 10 years that ARE beginning to accept gays, bisexuals and whatever else into their folds because they have seen the light that we are ALL sinners and they want gays, etc to be saved too. But here is what they are forgetting; In the New Testament, Paul writes that the church community who has knowledge of a brother that is known to be practicing sinful ways, he must be corrected by the church and if he does not abide, he should be expelled so that he does not "infect" the rest of the community with his bad example. The conservative Christian churches know this, and that is why they are not accepting as the liberal churches are.

dollMaker wrote:
So are there kinky Christians? Yes, but they are not that common, and may well be very underground re their kink because to be out within their faith groups, particularly if Conservative would be extremely difficult.

We'll never know if they are common, because if you took a poll, people would not respond truthfully in order to hide their proclivities for fear of being labelled a freak, but there are a lot of responses to this post, so I think there are more Christian kinksters than you do. I do agree most would not out themselves for the reason I mentioned, but many kinksters also have different reasons for not outing themselves too (extended family, retaliation at work, or whatever, and some just think it is a private matter and it is nobody's business).
LordofPain56
LordofPain56 • Jul 20, 2020
To those of you who have had feelings of guilt or questioning your own morality, I say this:
God wants us to love one another. Jesus himself said: "Love one another as I have loved you" to his apostles.
If your needs of love and intimacy with your partner are fulfilled with some kink, then by all means, let the whips crack.
God invented male domination of his girl in Genesis Chapter 3. The entirety of scripture is filled with domestic and divine discipline throughout. God told the Prophets to put those things in there to teach his people down thru the ages.
Carpophorus
Carpophorus • Jul 20, 2020
Christian Domestic Discipline is a thing and actively being vilified as abuse by the same people that act personally offended should a person of faith not approve of "modern" lifestyles.

I'd reccomend you make your peace with yourself and your God. A site like this is the worst setting for this line of inquiry.
The bible speaks directly and openly against the very lifestyle of some of the people here. Some are even considered abominations by the Book of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, ...

There are a few people trying to justify dommes by scripture. Unfortunately for any of you out there, it really can't be done.
Anything to the contrary is a stretch at best.

1 Peter 3:1-22
Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands, ...

Ephesians 5:22-33
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, ...

1 Timothy 2:11-12
Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

None of this is to say you have to be a picture of virtue to be Christian. In fact, you can be thoroughly sinful and still be Christian.
There are countless verses about sin being common to man. That all evil is within, not acquired but always present and something to be conquered.
You show virtue not in a lack of sin or temptation but in a show of growth and penitence.

James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

1 John 1:8-10
If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

I would be willing to bet most if not all of the people on this thread committed a sin of immorality by having sex outside of marriage; myself included. Which is special because it's considered a sin against oneself first and against anyone else second.
I doubt that's a problem exclusive to the BDSM community.

The way I see it, there is clearly "sin" here (from a Christian standpoint). Any objection to that is misinformed or misleading. You can absolutely practice BDSM (i.e. something like CDD) while staying relatively within the confines of piety. But, not everyone is so lucky.
Everything you need to reconcile your faith with your preferred lifestyle is available to you, none of which you will find on the cage.
All you need to do is seek it.

But be weary of being influenced by those taught by a "Christianty" that theatrically sings praise, that interprets as it must to captivate the widest audience, to offend only the most reproachable. They pray to a God that's bound by law and a church that serves its clergy. They're the failure of the church as an institution, riddled with the same sin and corruption of the everyman.

Matthew 15:8-9
“‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”

Hope this helps.