Online now
Online now

Mentoring

DaddiesPumpkin​(switch female){Not Lookin}
3 years ago • Oct 23, 2020

Mentoring

Was going to create a blog based on this topic here, but I don't want to over crowd my log, lol. My reason for making this forum is to feed my own curiosity, honestly.

I'm wondering about the role of a Mentor. Yes, I know the definition of one. But, being 'new' here... I'm curious about the role as a whole while moving about this community.

Is it wise for someone finding their way to have a Mentor? Someone who can help them with questions they may have or guide them this way or that. Are mentors in relative relation to a Protector?

Fingers crossed I get some feedback!!

~Kore☪️
Kara​(sub female){Dark Roast}
A mentor can be a good thing or a bad thing. There are many unscrupulous people out there who will use mentoring as a way to take a submissive off the market without accepting the responsibility of a dynamic. Be wary of accepting mentorship from anyone who offers it without being asked.

Ideally, if someone wishes to go the mentoring route, you should ideally find someone on the same side of the slash and also the same gender. That person should be a respected member of the community and in the type of dynamic that you aspire to be.

A mentor is more of a guide vs. a protector who is there to keep the bad guys away. Mentors make no decisions for their charges or involve themselves beyond what is asked.

A protector is generally a Dom who aids you in vetting or yells at dominants who trespass where they aren’t wanting so that a submissive can take their time carefully selecting a match.

Do you need a mentor ? Not really. There are many educational classes offered by local BDSM communities and there are many other excellent educational resources written by excellent authors. A mentor is honestly best utilized when you are considering a specific dynamic and want honest answers about what it’s like.
    The most loved post in topic
ElizaEmma​(sub female){NotLooking}
I have also found helpful just politely sending PMs to some Doms (whom I respect) on this site, asking for advice as I am going through a rough patch right now. There was no formal mentoring agreement per se; I still benefited from their experience and perspective, for what I am very grateful for.
BigBubbles
BigBubbles • Oct 23, 2020
I totally agree with Kara. Some may have ulterior motives. And just want you for themselves. So I would vet a potential Mentor or Protector.