Online now
Online now

Proper Online Etiquette

bellelabellamd​(sub female)
4 years ago • Aug 6, 2019

Proper Online Etiquette

So I’ve been a part of a separate virtual platform for several years and just started to see a surge in people who have interest in the BDSM lifestyle. I’ve been noticing them constantly using slash speak (Y/you , U/us ) when speaking in chat or on social media extensions of the platform like FB. When is it truly appropriate to use that? From what I’ve seen, it feel like overkill. I just wanted a better understanding of why they feel the need to speak that way constantly and if it’s really protocol to do so. Any input is appreciated, but if people with extensive experience in the lifestyle could give some I’d be eternally grateful.
AngelicOne​(sub female){Owned}
I’m not 100% sure it’s necessary, but Daddy does communicate that way to me.
W/we, U/us, O/our, but I do not respond that way, I keep most lowercase, unless I am saying ‘Daddy’ of course,

Daddy has never corrected me on it. I think it boils down to personal preference.
AKittenforSir​(sub female){JohnBond}
It's really a thing based on preference. I think if you are capitalizing your dominant's honorifics (i.e. Daddy, Sir, Master) and keeping your own in lowercase (i.e. kitten, sub, little girl) then you're being respectful and would be hard pressed to find someone who would be offended by your lack of W/we, O/our, etc.
bellelabellamd​(sub female)
It seems like they were just overdoing it referring to literally everyone in that way. Didn’t seem to make much sense to me as not everyone considers themselves part of the community or lifestyle. I definitely grasp doing so toward your Dom. The mass usage is what confused me
alawey​(sub female){(OWNED BY }
Mmm ...??? I know that there are some that were trained that way (subs) and there are som Doms that do it because of OG or whatever ( dont mean whatever as disrespect just the are others branches im sure that also to this). But to do it in a vanilla setting is confusing to me.
Dellydoodah​(neither female)
Matter of personal choice but I think it's bonkers.
Good grammar to capitalise their name and polite to do the same with a title but really? the W/we. H/he S/she thing is tiresome to type and to read
If the dominants ego is that over inflated that he insists on it then fine if the submissive is ok with it.
Face to face does the voice raise an octave to emphasis the capital letter?
    The most loved post in topic
Bunnie
4 years ago • Aug 7, 2019
Bunnie • Aug 7, 2019
This isn’t an Old Guard thing, and I agree, it can be overdone for sure. I find that the people that tend to do it are people pleasers... they’re trying to be soooo politically correct that they’re afraid that their own shadow may create offence to someone somehow. They’re also those sensitive souls that tend to take offence to everything also... so tread carefully if you feel the desire to mention it to them.
I agree with the others though, it is simply a personal preference thing, and each to their own.
alawey​(sub female){(OWNED BY }
4 years ago • Aug 7, 2019
Thank you bunnie for correcting my statement. I am sorry i was wrong in saying that . i just thought it was an OG thing most that i know that do it claim to be that . next time i will be sure to to do my research before speaking. And i really do mean it thank you.