Online now
Online now

Do you have a dream for yourself or you life that you think might be out of reach, but on which you

dragonbaby​(sub female)
4 years ago • Aug 11, 2019

Do you have a dream for yourself or you life that you think

dragonbaby​(sub female) • Aug 11, 2019
I would love to get to know some people here, and I think this is a good question to do that.

I have always wanted to be a published writer. The process is long and rejection is hard. I've been working on it for years and had to put it down for the past several years after some trauma, because I needed to just focus on self care. Now that dream has come back with a passion, and I can imagine myself writing articles or even a novel on my journey of exploring my sexual self. I enjoy writing even if it's just for a form of self expression, but I love getting feedback on it as well. My quality of life doesn't depend on getting published by a company and I do have a few blogs that I have kept for 12 years or more, but I need to add to them.

I don't want to be published for the money or the fame. I want people to connect with what I say and the feelings I illicit from them. I want them to nurtured and made stronger by my writing. I want them to be moved to action regarding helping others who are oppressed, abused, hurting, in poverty, etc. etc. etc.

I look forward to reading about those of you who add to this forum.
No Body​(dom male)
No Body​(dom male) • Aug 11, 2019
I like your dream. I think you need to follow it as much as you can if for nothing else to fulfill your dream,
I have one but it is not so much for myself but for others. I am currently going to college so I can start a non-profit that will take our ex military off the street. Not just one or two at a time but hundreds and thousands till when someone falls they have a safety net to catch them. A place to heal and find the way back. Not just a place for a few nights but some place to call home if need be.
It is something I have been working on for a long time but was never in a place where I could start it. I can't right now but I will be there soon.
    The most loved post in topic
dragonbaby​(sub female)
That is an amazing dream SR13, and much needed. It breaks my heart that people who serve us like that are ultimately neglected in the long run. You keep going for that. A family member and I were talking this weekend about military sacrifice. People often think of people giving their mortal lives, but those who come home actually give up everything they are sometimes. They are so changed by the horrific positions they are put in, that they lose that self they took with them. Everything changes for them: Identity, ability to relate to past friends and family, ability to cognitively and emotionally function in the areas they were able to do before.

I would love to see a program in the military that addresses PTSD as a given and give members the tools to deal with it BEFORE it happens. Do you think that's feasible?
No Body​(dom male)
No Body​(dom male) • Aug 11, 2019
There is no way to tell who will get it and who won't but it would help to get the mind set on those things that might happen out in the open before we send troops out in the field. It would help more to stop getting into wars but we are far from that. WE all know it is going to happen to some but everyone is different and we never know what will set it off. Soldiers have lost limbs and are fine. Others have come home and found that they have children that conceived after they left and it hit them. It is like a switch has been turned on in their heads and something shorted out. We may have a test that will tell us who will get it when but that is years down the road. Now we just need to get them help and someone who will listen to them.
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Aug 11, 2019
I had always wanted to be a published author as well. I've written three books and published all three. But I self-publish because I refuse to change my characters skin color and body size. If you're interested in more let me know!

http://www.lulu.com/shop/k-e-master-bear-enzweiler/ms-for-the-rest-of-us/ebook/product-22991845.html

http://www.lulu.com/shop/k-e-enzweiler/through-the-bad-patch/paperback/product-23380662.html

http://www.lulu.com/shop/a-dhay/nurse-v-nurse/ebook/product-23427074.html

I was working on my fourth book when I was in a car accident. I'm thinking about how to reframe it so I can work with him my cognitive limitations.

Dreams matter! It is such a big part of Who We Are! You can do this!
dragonbaby​(sub female)

reframing

I urge you to do that, reframing. I had a nervous breakdown, which gave me the excuse I needed to leave my nightmare of a partner. I was moderately cognitively impaired for a while and still not able to function at the level before my breakdown. I was a bit of an overachiever, so I am using this as a way to tell myself it's okay to take one thing at a time and not do everything perfectly. I no longer multi-task, finding the right words while speaking are still difficult, but they come as easily in writing as they ever did. I am hyper-alert (sometimes I think of myself as a fainting goat). But life is a process and it sounds like you are handling it in stride. Hats off to you!

I
Matt7777​(dom male)
Matt7777​(dom male) • Aug 11, 2019
Hi in regards to your writing have you thought of publishing it as an ebook.
Either independently and or through Amazon.
Good luck and don't give up .
Matt7777​(dom male)
Matt7777​(dom male) • Aug 11, 2019
I find myself in a similar situation to you.
I am writing at the moment and hope to have an ebook at some point next year.
sweet november​(sub female)
4 years ago • Aug 12, 2019
I would like to travel the world on my own, nobody to answer to unless I want to. But that requires being self sufficient and not making sure everyone else's needs aren't met first. I take my responsibilities seriously. Probably should be more selfish but....responsibilities are my priority.